ECU?

cheryl_88

Torque Junkie
got a problem wit my car! driving it yesterday had a orange light cum on then dash,looks like a tap. been told it was the ECU, but havnt got a clu.
the speedo isnt workin and the miles arent clockin up, any ideas? and price?

Don't drive it unless you have to and keep the revs down. The fault code indicates a problem - usually in one of the engine sensors and this could lead to more serious problems if not checked. There are sensors all over the engine and hopefully it's just an air temp sensor - if it were a crank sensor or something else the problem could get much bigger. Is the car misfiring at all. As the speedo is not reading it could just be that fault it's picking up on.

oh no! doesnt sound to good, was hopin it was jus a minor problem!
nah not misfiring, and have got to drive it to and from work! the miles arnt clockin up either, does that make a difference? price wise what am i lookin at?

I really don't know as the fault could be anything. Sometimes its about £60 to change a sensor if it is a crank sensor sometime the gearbox has to come off so it costs a lot more and if valves get damaged or other internal parts of the engine the bill could go up to £600. As it's not misfiring you can look on the brighter side but don't ignore the problem and drive catiously!

nope, been told that the light is cumin on and goin off again cos the spark leads are lose, so not a major problem. and its jus the speedo cable that needs replacing! not any major problems!

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back