ECU upgrade for GT 1.4

Se7eN

Wrench Pro
Does anyone know of an ECU upgrade for the 1.4 TSI 170PS (168 BHP) engine in the Golf GT Sport?

I imagine these engines are quite stressed already but they are apparently built tough and to last or so I've read. You have to be careful about what to believe when you read it on the internet.

Anyone have one that has been tuned and what power gains have you got? I wondered if you could get 200BHP out of one of these engines.

200 bhp should be fine in it. i remember reading that when VW announced that they were relaseing a cast iron 1.4 everyone laughed at them for not using the normal lighter alloy blocks. reason being the cast could take more abuse than the alloy.

i know somebody entered one in the VW cup but i cant find it at the minute.

Plus it is lighter being just a 1.4 so they can use a heavier stronger material for the block without a detriment to the cars handling or performance.

I would have thought you could get the power up to the 200 mark. VW tend to play it on the safe side when it comes to power. Not seen any remaps around for this engine yet though.

thanks good to know

I did e-mail awesome yesterday asking about any re-map info. There seems to be very little about power gains for this particular engine on the web.

Although there are apparently loads of 1.4TSi engined golfs as apparently VW can't meet demand.

I was thinking about a Gti however its a bit obvious so I was thinking about the GT Sport: looks like a bog standard eurobox but with a few choice Modifications should go like a special edition Gti.

However there seems to be so little about this car on any tuning sites.

yeah its seems to be a nice balance between power and economy, but like you say theres very little for it a the minute. Although stuff should start filtering through as its available in audis as well now. im wondering if having both the supercharger and turbo controlled by the ecu is causing the problems when it comes to the remaps. what i mean is trying to get the best balance between them and get the power out. the engines already producing a hell of a lot for a 1.4 as standard