Ecu Courses

lewisstevens1

Car
Vauxhall
Hello guys, i was wondering if anyone has had any experience in getting some training in engine remapping - ones which would involve writing your own remaps also. I need to do a course on it although im not sure what any of them are like.. Are there any industry recognised qualifications (like an electricians city & guilds qualifications).

I have looked at Viezu [admin note - link removed as per our T&C's for new members, to prevent advertising and spam posts] and it looks ok.. has anyone any reviews or could offer any advise on where i can go to learn this as my boss is telling me that i need to do it..?

Thanks
Lewis

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi and welcome.

Well, if your boss is telling you that you need to do it, he should be able to advise you of suitable courses. Why does he want you to do it?

Because he really doesnt trust the one who he has working for him at the moment although he doesnt know any either. He asked if i can get the qualification i can do the job.

ECU remapping is simultaneously a precise art and a vague science. As is programming code and parameters for stock standard cars.

Car makers are not daft and they do a good job of it. They have to allow for all situations and driving styles. Poor fuel, lazy attitude to servicing etc.

If you are prepared to be rigourous in your driving and attention to servicing I cannot see why remapping your car will cause problems in terms of longevity or reliability.

Not sure about the OBD company. there is a multitude of grammatical issues with the site. It's not exactly enticing.

Last edited:
Yeah, that always puts me off. If they can't be bothered to get their spelling and grammar correct I wonder if their work is as sloppy.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back