Ebay sight unseen would you?

Yugguy

Torque King
Car
Merc C220Cdi Elegan
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2003-VAUX...6410160?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item1c2bf2b330

On the face of it this looks just what I want, fsh off main dealer and cambelt done. Needs a service now but I'd have done that anyway. I'd ring the dealer to verify the history. The seller has good feedback and is answering all my questions. It's just 140 miles away in Kent.

At the price I am looking at I don't expect perfection, but the dealer FSH is something I am very much looking for.

Any thoughts chaps?

Perhaps its not got a lot of interest. The seller was probably hoping for plenty of bidders.
Go check it out mate! Thats all you can do really.

A well presented advert helps. Looks good and reads well. Well worth a look and these can go cheap as people are put off my the large V6, but they are silky smooth engines and do go well. Not bad at all.............

Aye. I have been to see two so far, first one seemed good but NO service history and the dealer that saw it for the first 3 years of its life never did any servicing on it. Second was serviced but had had a hard life in the country I think, so looked a bit tired and mucky, there was moss under the bonnet, the bonnet catch was rusty, stuff like that.

This sounds ok and has good feedback. The one weird thing I would definitely want to check with the servicing dealer is the fact that the ad says it had a service on 07/04/2010 at 80919 and then a cambelt change two weeks later which seems odd - why would you not do both things at the same time?

I've stuck some posts on some vx forums, see if anyone is near that would check it out for me for a crate of beer.

I cant see what more the seller can do . Loads of pics with what seems like a very fair description plus..........

Returnable deposit if not as described !!!
TBH if thats not good enough go and see it

Obviously price will go up but just bid what you are prepared to pay - if you dont win it then thats fine.

Most important make a decision - decide NOW if you want it and if you do BID (maybe not untill near the end but bid if not over your max.)

if not forget it , stop watching it , move on

Worth asking for sure and if they did the belt change did they do the tensioners as well? That is a must as they can go quickly when nearing the 100k mark, been there myself.