E46 Multichanger that plays MP3's?

Wrench Pro
Car
BMW 320d
Right guys

I need some help or guidance and please tell me if what I am after is at all possible? :)

I have just bought a 320d E46 on a 52 plate. Basically I want to put a multichanger in the boot (when I bought the car it didnt have one in there). Is it possible that I can buy a multichanger that plays MP'3 and that I can still use the CD steering wheel functions? I dont want to change the head unit if I can help it.

Any help would be awesome, thanks

I think the CD changer was an optional extra from the factory so should be easy enough to hook up. As for MP3s you must be able to get a lead. It might be worth giving BMW a call if your local is any good?

I think the CD changer was an optional extra from the factory so should be easy enough to hook up. As for MP3s you must be able to get a lead. It might be worth giving BMW a call if your local is any good?

Ah right, I thought it may have come as standard. Yeah looks easy to put in but just prefer one that played mp3s. Will give Synter a ring, cheers.

From memory I think you can buy an interface from someone like Connects2 that lets you fit an Alpine CD Changer onto the original factory head unit. I was going to get one for my M3 but I ended up getting a parrot kit instead which streams my iphone into the factory sound system (might want to consider this option aswell as then you get the bonus of a bluetooth phone kit):bigsmile:

Hi there,
you need a changer from a 2005 or 2006 car as these play mp3's< to make sure the date of manufacture is on the label of the changer? also if your car does not have a changer already fitted check that the changer cable is not tucked away in the boot as sometimes the cable was fitted but no changer

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back