E36 318iS easy tuning

I wote for turbo or supercharger instead of engine or whole car swap. With that you should easilly (but not nonexpensive) gain 50 or more procent powerwise.
It is about tuning. Tuners do the tuning, other consumers just go and buy biger or stronger.
Guess that is the point on car tuning forum.

Zwaf i do think the turbo idea is very good. its just a matter of having £ to spend or not.

I know, mate! :(
It is not in my reach, but dont wanna to judge in other man name. You see, cost of tuning is changing from country to country. What is expensive in Cro is cheap in UK and wice versa. For egsample here I can make generic remap for 140 € and custom one for 400 €, but when I see prices in UK i get dizzy. Hardwear is much more expensive here in other hand.
Fredrik knows best what prices he can get in Norway and our circumstances are not neceserily related to Norvegian ones.

Do not decat an M42/M44. You will lose too much back pressure. Sports cat is ok. Supercharger conversions are much more straight forward than turbo conversions but the turbo will yield more power. The guys in the US are the ones to look to for this as loads have done it.

true , but if you go trough all this mods its a good thing to do. (even more if charger is fited)
you'll loose power if only decat is done. together with all the other mods it's ok.
i have done this and it was worth it. mind this engines are very picky with afr variations,
one more thing to look at because if the afr is not spot on the engine knock sensors will
shut the engine down if driven hard ie.+6000rpm.( the chip i had was set up to 7500 rpm)

You have to be careful with wher you get the chips from too (*note this only applies to the M42, not the M44*). End Tuning can offer a chip. Ideally though, do the mods you want then get a remap done to take full advantage ;).

You can lose the cat once you go F/I, but until then it's a pointless on these engines.