e32 or e39

sayed

Wrench Pro
Car
bmw e32 740il
hi fellow bmw drivers. your friend sayed here. i just sold my car a couple days ago. it was a 94 e34 540. now i have 2 options i am thinking about. perhaps you could give your opinions.
first option is an 88 e32 750il all original, for under 2000 dollars.
second and more expensive option is a 97 e39 540i with manual 6 speed, for 3000 dollars.
both cars the price is negotiable.
too bad i cant post the pictures because im too new here lol.

Last edited:
Hi there and welcome to TorqueCars, the 540i would be my choice from the 2 options thanks mainly to the lower running costs and the great engine they have.

What are your plans for the car? Do running costs bother you much?

The other thing to take into consideration is if the cars have been well looked after over the years.

hi admin thanks!
i agree with you that e39 is the more practical choice, but i saw the 540 today and its a bit beat up unfortunately. as for the 750 i have been asking and everyone is saying its maintenance is so costy because of the v12 engine. perhaps i will keep looking for a clean 540 with a 6 speed manual. then i can save up for some mods like lsd and engine tune.

i got this 1993 model v8 with the long wheel base and a 5 speed manual.
just needs some minor electrical work and some touches like removing the m badges (i dont like fake labels), and getting curtains for the back windows. maybe i will switch the rims with something more classy. then when i save some money i will start with engine tuning. heres the photos:

20201127_194001.jpg20201127_194024.jpg

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back