E220 W124 extra omph

nutter

Car
E220 coupe
Hey
Anyone able to avise on the best way to liven up my much loved E220 coupe and what the likley costs will be?
I dont think it is pulling the 150bhp it is ment to, even then with the weight it could do with just a few more omphs for the summer :lol:.
Did consider going for a E320 but just cant give up the one I got :love:.

I know what it's like wanting to keep the "devil you know".

How much are you looking to spend? Ideally put in a fast road cam, get the head ported and gas flowed. I'm not that up on the E220's I'll do a bit of research for you and see what I can turn up.

If you wanted silly power then look into adding forced induction, a supercharger can give a fair bit of a power hike.

Thanks waynne, not looking to spend mega bucks, certainly no more than a grand hopefully less and dont want to out power the auto 4 speed either. Was hoping the 2.2 can deliver more than the factory 150 bhp without too much 'surgery' just a bit of a novice when it comes to mods :confused:.
As for the devil I know... in the 2 years I've had it it has had new front springs, rear shocks and discs all round front end respray plus some electrical gremlins found and destroyed to list a few jobs, it is now like a child I have put through Uni, I expect it to look after me in my old age :lol:

Sounds like true love to me! feel the same way about my beloved Saab 93ss! hopefully it will be around long enough to pass on to my son! ;)