DVLA reaches new depths of insanity

SLEEPER

Pro Tuner
So Ive lost the photo card license and need a replacement

I phone DVLA and religously follow the multiple choice options for "replacing a lost license "

After 5 minutes and 10 seconds (my phone has digital timer) I finally reach the right person . Must have been at least 8 or 9 questions

How hard can it be ????

Astonishingly the complete procedure is done over the phone in around a minute including taking the £20 by card .

so all is going well untill........

I am told that I even though I dont need one I will get sent a new paper part

Which will mean I will have one too many so ..................

I am asked to cut the license up AND send it back to Swansea.

I kid you not , they want everyone to post back the paper part back after its been cut up.

My sense of humour takes over so I ask a few questions here are the answers

why do we need to send it back - its procedure

Why do you want it - we need to check its been destroyed

If Ive lost the paper part as well how can I send it back - You cant

So If Ive lost it its ok but if I have the paper bit I have to send it back - YES

I was going to shred it do you still want me to return it - YES

if its shredded how can you check it- not sure cos I dont work in that section

What if it gets lost in the post - not sure cos I dont work in that section

If I dont send it back what happens - not sure cos I dont work in that section

Now this "checking" is obviously costing us money so I offer a foolproof way to save costs (we all have to do our bit)

Why not send me just the photo card on its own then I wouldnt have to cut up my second paper bit and you wouldnt need to check I that I had done it.

Im sure by now evryone knows the reply I got.................

Im not sure I dont work in that section

No I just said I was going post it and could they ket me know when they received it (then I shredded it )

Sometimes you just have to have some fun and annoy the hell out of them...............and get your monies worth with the phonecall!

:lol: that's priceless. At least they didn't blame the computer.

I still don't have a photo licence yet! I'll probably need one soon though I'd be surprised if they are not compulsory.

Our bank needed id either a photo licence which I don't have or a current passport, which I don't have as it expired. That was fun but thankfully common sense prevailed.

My licence needs renewing this year which costs £20 apparently. A bit annoying as its an enforced change and they get enough money from us as it is

They just put the phone down on me, I sent off for the new licence paid my £20, It didn't turn up, I wrote to them and they say it was sent and I have to send another £20 for a replacement due to it being lost, So I called them, I tried explaining to them that they had lost it, SHE said I must take it up with the post office so I explained that they posted it therefore they should take it up with the post office. I got angrier she got more repetitive and put the phone down on me reluctantly I had to suck one and pay for another license. Cakesuckers...........