drums??

I would have thought so, they still share alot of parts across the Ford range of that time. Might pay to check the specs as the 1.6 and 1.3 might even be the same with just the fronts being uprated.

sweet thanks again for the valuable infomation.. sadly its near xmas time so it'l be awhile till i get around to upgrading :( ohwel ill just have to take it easy for now..

Definitely.

I've always founds drums very prone to locking.

Nothing wrong with well a maintained drum brake setup.
Personally i've had disk brakes lock on more than I have had drum brakes lock on.
My Primera was the worst for this. I was forever stripping the pistons in the brakes to free them up.

Personally i've had disk brakes lock on more than I have had drum brakes lock on.
My Primera was the worst for this. I was forever stripping the pistons in the brakes to free them up.

thats a good point tn, i guess ill just hav to experiment to see what works well for her. thanks.

My Civic used to lock up quite often. The drums on that were awful. Drums also allow moisture inside meaning when they get wet they can become useless (experienced this first hand).

It was me, I'd be looking into what brake setups from other Fords fit. Even if it requires hub conversions. Not only could this gain the better braking at the rear, but also the front.

A well maintained drum brake will work fine is all i'm saying.
My Fiesta Turbo ran with a drum setup at the rear and that coped fine. Was running 280bhp at the wheels.

Anyway back to the original question.
Yes I do believe they fit as as far as I can remember they use the same running gear so yes mk2 parts should more or less bolt straight on.

A well maintained drum brake will work fine is all i'm saying.
My Fiesta Turbo ran with a drum setup at the rear and that coped fine. Was running 280bhp at the wheels.

On FWD setups you 'get away with it' a bit more as the rear brakes only do around 15% of the work. Hence why a lot of people only uprate the fronts. You do have to be careful not to upset the balance too much though.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back