Dropping a mk 1 Megane

Arutha19

Wrench Pro
Car
2001 Corsa 1.0
Can anyone tell me how difficult and how to go about dropping a Megane?

The guy who says he'll do it for me doesn't seem to think it'll be too difficult but, for curiosities sake, I'd like to know if I need to buy anything or exactly how to go about it

Thanks

Don't drop it more than 35mm. You'll need new springs and dampers and might as well get some new bushings whilst you are at it.

It is fairly straightforward to do though, just unbolt the old part and bolt on the new.

as waynne says its pretty straight forward to change the shocks!
but soak the nuts and bolts with wd40 a couple of days before you do it. and make sure you have access to transport to go and get new nuts or bolts cause 9 times out of 10 you will round 1 off or snap 1. cause you dont want your car of the road cause of just 1 nut;)

I've fitted my Mk1 with a Koni STRT kit, which dropped the car 35mm in front. The back needs to be done manually (no springs). Its not a hard task, but can be time consuming if you dont have the correct tools.

If you drop the car with only springs, then you will have to replace the stock dampers within the year due to oil leakage.

Check out my pics at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/andyramdin/sets/72157624874371137/