Driving tips for the track: Double declutching

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
he double de-clutch is best performed using the left pedal! To change gear you depress the clutch, move into neutral, release the clutch match engine speed, depress the clutch and engage the next gear. So how does this method work and is it better than a single clutch gear change on a modern car fitted with a syncromesh?

Continue reading...

I've never done the whole double approach, but I pretty much always blip the throttle to rev match in a manual car. I had it absolutely perfectly when I had the RS4. If I'm anything like as slick with it nowadays remains to be seen. My last 3 cars have been flappy paddle!

I've never done the whole double approach, but I pretty much always blip the throttle to rev match in a manual car. I had it absolutely perfectly when I had the RS4. If I'm anything like as slick with it nowadays remains to be seen. My last 3 cars have been flappy paddle!

I guess when you get older you need to keep things simple Rob! ;) It's be a walking stick next! :eek:

DDC & H&T comes naturelyas have been doing it forever.
Had to DDC with no 1st gear syncro in my little Morris Z ute when I was a lad so long ago ;)