Driving shoes

misenthrop

Torque Junkie
Car
Rover Vitesse
Do you have "special" shoes for driving? It might just be one of those girl things where we change shoes when we are driving. Have you ever tried to drive in heels?

I do know a few men who have driving shoes and they say they cant drive properly in heavy steel toecap boots. Is this normal for men? I thought that men could drive in pretty much anything.

Drive in anything, no chance, you try getting size twelve steel toe boots onto fiesta pedals, its not easy.

I tend to drive in converse shoes, i can feel the pedals a lot better, and i dont hit the gas and brake at the same time. i dont carry my favorite driving shoes with me though.

Do you have "special" shoes for driving? It might just be one of those girl things where we change shoes when we are driving. Have you ever tried to drive in heels?

I do know a few men who have driving shoes and they say they cant drive properly in heavy steel toecap boots. Is this normal for men? I thought that men could drive in pretty much anything.

I think it's a girl thing. You normally have more pairs of shoes than us blokes anyway so it's quite reasonable to have a pair for driving in.

I have driven in steel capped boots years ago. It's very difficult. Braking takes on a whole new meaning. Look out behind.

As for my heels, well, I haven't actually tried driving in them yet. Any tips?

When it's hot I like to drive bare feet, someone reckoned this was illegal also I wear flip flops a lot when driving, someone also said that was not legal. I reckon they are wrong. I did see some guy getting out of his ferrari wearing those special driving boot things (in a motorway service station)but to me he looked like a nob, soley because of his footwear, may as well have a racing suit on as well with his name on the back to complete the picture

dont quote me, but im sure it says in the H.C. that appropiate footwer must be worn when driving at all times. will have a search and see what comes up.

Nor have I. I still cannot see how a penalty notice can be issued either. 'Appropriate' is purely down to the driver's own preference. So long as their choice of footwear does not impede their ability to control the car then no offence has been committed.

There is not 'list of appropriate footwear' available as far as I know. There is definitely not a list of 'inappropriate footwear'. So, if you ever get a penalty notice for this (unlikely), just go to court and ask the prosecution to supply you with both these lists.

i like to drive with nothin on just my sunglasses lol

in the summer i drive bare footed most of the time while i was in france last week i did not have any shoes on

but really i am not worryed what i have on

i like to drive with nothin on just my sunglasses lol

in the summer i drive bare footed most of the time while i was in france last week i did not have any shoes on

but really i am not worryed what i have on

No problem with that at all. But please do tell us where you wear the sunglasses.

When it's hot I like to drive bare feet, someone reckoned this was illegal also I wear flip flops a lot when driving, someone also said that was not legal. I reckon they are wrong. I did see some guy getting out of his ferrari wearing those special driving boot things (in a motorway service station)but to me he looked like a nob, soley because of his footwear, may as well have a racing suit on as well with his name on the back to complete the picture

That is bad. special driving boot things, at a service station. i would have to have said something, only taking the wee though.
Prob reckons he's just coming back from a track day. but hey, if you can afford a ferrari, you can afford a pair of hi tec squash.
i drive to work in steel toe caps, not a drama in the focus, but wifey had a 106gti, and the peds on that were too close for boots.

can drive in pretty much any of my shoes but prefer trainers for the most driving. heavy boots etc and i cant feel the pedals properly

i to change from work boots to trainers but this is cause i would have to do it anyway when i got home! or they are caked in mud

I tend to take my shoes off when driving. Makes it easier to hit all the pedals and I get a good sense of pedal pressure and response. I'll drive in anything that doesn't hit 2 pedals at once though!

I realize that this is an old thread BUT over here we call "flop flops" Japanese safety boots :)