Driving in the 20's and 30's

thexav

Pro Tuner
Staff member
Car
2002 Clio 172
We discussed driving in the 70's and 80's so what do you think it will be like in the next 20 years or so?

Will the roads be more packed and gridlocked or will people no longer be able to afford to run a car?

No Gridlock, I think public transport will be far cheaper, safer and faster than having your won vehicle. That will be for day to day transport needs.

No Gridlock, I think public transport will be far cheaper, safer and faster than having your won vehicle. That will be for day to day transport needs.

Not in the UK it won't! Bus prices are around the cost as using your own car! Maybe by 2020 the electric car will be more of a success, but other than that I doubt things will have changed much.

Not in the UK it won't! Bus prices are around the cost as using your own car! Maybe by 2020 the electric car will be more of a success, but other than that I doubt things will have changed much.

No one has explained to me how we are going to supply the electricity for 30 million electric cars. The National Grid barely manages as it is (we even have to import power from France at peak usage times).

No one has explained to me how we are going to supply the electricity for 30 million electric cars. The National Grid barely manages as it is (we even have to import power from France at peak usage times).

Over unity perhaps? i don't know. but you're right. i think we're far better off looking for a means of producing petrol synthetically.

If we could power cars on belly button fluff you'd have a never exhausting source of renewable energy for your car! ;)

:lol: And I thought I'd solved the worlds energy crisis!

You can mock, you'll see I'll be rich RICH RICH I tell you, then i'll own the world mawaaahhhaaaawwwww! Ignore the haters, they are just jealous! ;) :p

Wife enters room and puts on my favourite white jacket, the one with the really long sleeves that tie up at the back! Oh the walls are so soft and fluffy! I'm off to a safe place now! :)

The adoption of electric cars will be gradual, not an overnight changeover. There will be plenty of time to uprate the grid's distribution, transmission and generation (not a good term, you can't actually generate energy) capabilities.

I think your average Lamborghini will be what the cars of the future will ALL look like, most manufacturers are heading in this direction, however when we take the Tesla as an example, maybe they'll be elegant luxury transports and we will lack the need for 1000 HP supercars.:) (Please dont happen...) :(