Driving alone and with passengers

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Do you spend more time driving alone or with passengers in the car?

Does your driving style change if you have passengers or does it depend on who they are? What difference does it make having someone else in the car with you.

im very wary of my speed when carring passengers, i actually prefer when i dont have to carry them, i like to have me and the gf, thats it

yeah i take it alot more careful when theres other folk in the car. on my own im more likely to holdears longer and go just that ittle bit faster

I spend most of my time driving alone or with my GF in the passenger seat. I find I have three driving modes:

1. Alone or with my petrolhead sister onboard (Sporty)
2. Girlfriend on board (A little toned back, she complains if she has to hold on)
3. 'Normal' Passengers (Chauffeur slow)

Passengers drive me nuts anyway... They always open the windows despite the climate control being set at a steady temprature.

When I drive alone I like to get my foot down and get the beats up! When I've got passengers I turn the music down and drive with them in mind. I.E. I'm constantly aware of how fast I'm going.

yeah i take it alot more careful when theres other folk in the car. on my own im more likely to holdears longer and go just that ittle bit faster
i think its because theres nobody to distract you, you concentrate more, and tend to go into the speed zone

well most of the time its just me in the car and if there is someone else its likey to be my dad and never change how i drive with him in the car

only time i change is if i am taking a customer back home but then try and take there car

With passengers mostly.

Doesn't make much difference whther there are passengers or not, I try to drive the same way all the time so that I don't drive stupidly at the wrong moment and wind up having to clean up some horrible, smelly stuff.

I tend to drive the same until a passenger points out that I have a steering wheel to grab hold of.

Most of the time when in the ZS I am alone as the wife hates the noise and the seat is too low! For some strange reason she refuses to go on track in it! However the Landy enjoys the company of two dogs, the wife and sometimes my youngest daughter if dog walking. Obviously the Landy has its own pace and no matter how many passengers I have the driving style never changes! The ZS is another matter, if the wife is in the passenger seat I remind her of what she is missing! That is normally her being planted into the back of the bucket seat :amuse:

I just don't like passengers who move around a lot, a long time ago a full on fight nearly started in the back of my car between to mates who got a bit of a talking to from me and they were quiet the rest of the way.

If you have a camel sitting next, you drive fast to shake him off.
If you have a ninny sitting next you still drive fast.
If there is no one then you are cool.

I have a very simple strategy for driving the stagea -

Its my car and I am driving it for my benefit not the passengers . So thats exactly what I do and how I want

That doesnt mean going crazy in fact I go slower than most people expect ............... most of the time