Drivers refusing to move over

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
What do you do when you stuck behind a driver who refuses to move over and let you pass?

Do you undertake them/Flash your lights, drop back,indicate,sound your horn,press turbo boost and jump over him (oh sorry that was in a TV show wasn't it along with missiles and rockets).

I don't like having to flash my lights at people as it makes me seem like a, well, you know. I had to do it on the motorway yesterday though as some woman was refusing to move despite there being space next to her for about 2 miles.
If I can take advantage of a filter lane or dual carriageway merge then I will so that they're no longer in my way. What I don't understand is why people won't let you out or purposely get in front of you so they think they're one up and then you're like, well, you're in a 1.2 corsa, and i'm in a 2.5 ST, you're now annoying me as you're in my way. We wouldn't be in this situation had you not created it. Anyway, i digress...

Over here undertaking is legal and I can't help smiling when passing cars in the "fast lane" that are well under the limit due to congestion when the inside lanes have far less traffic and are going much faster.
I have had it said that the left lane is for losers .With that mindset there is little wonder why there are so many crashes .

Last edited:
Over here undertaking is legal

obstructing traffic is illegal though and passing on the inside is not illegal. the difference being moving back in front of the vehicle you passed on the inside of ie. a car is sitting on an empty road in lane 2 and you approach from behind. moving into lane 1, passing and staying in lane 1 is legal. moving back into lane 2 would be illegal (you would then be guilty of exactly the same offence as the offending vehicle anyway so there would be no need to move back over)

I had to undertake an elderly lady who wasn't moving over from the fast lane to the slow lane. She was sitting at 60mph, I flashed, then lightly tapped the horn but I think the more I tried to get her to move the more stubborn she become. So I thought sod it, shifted to 4th and undertook her. Some times it cannot be helped.

Last edited:
ive undertook a few times as old people in the fast lane doing 60mph and wont move over even when i have flashed my lights

but i will flash my lights and beep my horn if people are in my way people shouldnt hog the fast lane and keep people up who want to go fast

Haha I make people laugh in the car with me on the dual carriageway.
If I see someone hogging the fast lane I just come stomping up behind them. They see me coming and soon move over. ;)

^^^^ There's some merit in this too ^^^^

Approach quickly and flash headlights from a long long way back is more likely to entice them to move over than tailgating and flashing. For some reason a headlight flash from 250 yards back is perceived as being lass aggressive than one from 5 yards back.

^^^^ There's some merit in this too ^^^^

Approach quickly and flash headlights from a long long way back is more likely to entice them to move over than tailgating and flashing. For some reason a headlight flash from 250 yards back is perceived as being lass aggressive than one from 5 yards back.

More of an early warning sign, that your coming and you demand a clear road. :lol: