Dreamer looking for motivation..

trijoetri

Car
Sentra SE-R Spec V
I'm typical. See rally car on tv...pretend my car is rally car...end up disappointed in my FWD wheel-hopping compact with "cool red seatbelts".

The odds that I put money into my current ride are slim, stock is fine for now. I need to let some citations fade into the past and off my record. Three states, three months and three defensive driving courses. Now, I'm stuck in NH with beautiful, winding, quiet roads and a fiance who loves to remind me I live too far from work to have to ride my bicycle in.

After phasing through the desire for WRX's and Lancer Evo's, I am kind of concluding that I mostly enjoy stoneless hardpacked dirt roads a day or two after rain regardless of the car I'm in. A couple miles from home is such a road with a ca. 1700's cemetary set back on each side. My fiance drives a '98 Buick La Sabre. The traction control and boat-like experience surprisingly spoon fed me enjoyment from the cracked leather steering wheel and foot pedals with the rubber worn off. The heated seats aren't needed when you find yourself losing control. Not due to a lack of skill but instead a lack of tight steering and low curb weight. I'm not afraid of hurting the Buick because I'm not dropping 380 a month on it with two years to go.

That said, this is what I expect to get from this, the first and only, auto forum I'll probably ever register to.

I've just turned twenty five, I have a career that I can see myself happy with and I make enough dough to hobby myself about. I'm sure it's only a matter of time before a little one's on the way and car fun will go out the window regardless of my license status. I would like to learn more about tuning and keep up with new projects and technology.

One day, if motivated by you, I might just make the plunge, dropping hours and dollars to buy myself some fun time in a worthy vehicle. Here's to reading your stories and maybe one of my own sometime.. cheers

Hello there and may I wish you a very warm welcome to TorqueCars forums.
It is nice to meet you. I hope you enjoy the forums as much as we all do and that you get totally addicted to this site.

I think you need some inspiration. Get a fun RWD car whilst you can. 4 doors will be practical and can cope with a family. I think you should look into a nice Mustang! There are lots that can be done to these and they shouldn't be too expensive to pick up or run in your area.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back