Downpipe sizes

it connects to the exhaust port on the turbo to the mid section it also contains the cat,
done a quick search on it and some are saying the 3" can put more pressure on the turbo.

normaly the wider diameter gives you a quicker response,

let the turbo spool up more easily and gives you more low torque and a

few horses aswell(at least mine did)so it's better.:lol:

Actually a must have if you have a chipped turbo'd car.:)

walter

it connects to the exhaust port on the turbo to the mid section it also contains the cat,
done a quick search on it and some are saying the 3" can put more pressure on the turbo.
sorry pg, turbos and exhausts, i dont have a clue

normaly the wider diameter gives you a quicker response,

let the turbo spool up more easily and gives you more low torque and a

few horses aswell(at least mine did)so it's better.:lol:

Actually a must have if you have a chipped turbo'd car.:)

walter

cheers, this is what im looking for however think i might stick to the 2.5" if i was to get one as it would allow me to retain the standard exhaust

Stick with the 2.5" as I would have thought that a 3" downpipe would be a tad too big. I am using 3" on the Elan.

now the question is do i spend the money on 2 new tyres so i can get the 17"s back on or go for this.

or it might have to be put on hold as trying to book a holiday as well

decisions decisions

now the question is do i spend the money on 2 new tyres so i can get the 17"s back on or go for this.

or it might have to be put on hold as trying to book a holiday as well

decisions decisions

In my opinion:

-safety first,everyday(new tires)
-must needed rest 2nd(holliday)+fun

-only fun(more power)3rd

tyres arnt really needed i put the 16"s on when they started to grit the roads. dont like them as much as theres less grip with them than the 17".
holiday i dont think im getting a choise with - wife and her mate have done nothing but look at them for weeks.

A note on exhaust pipe sizes. Wider pipes flow more slowly. Take a garden hose as an example the more narrow the size the faster the jet you create. In an engine you need the exhaust gases to flow out as quickly as possible but you don't want to create back pressure. At high revs the 3 inch is better suited and at low revs a 2.5 is best. This is why the power figure moves up. I think Aston Martins, TVRs and some Porsches use a variable exhaust size which opens up as the revs rise.

The holiday is the top priority - you need to relax. Then the tyres then get the exhaust in time for summer when you drive round with the window open and can fully enjoy it.