Double Din Monitor and sound system recommendations for my A4, please!!??

sam4191

Car
Audi A4 2.4 V6 (B5)
Hi guys,

Does anyone know of a good quality double din touchscreen monitor that will fit in place of my standard H.U?

The only reason i ask is that i love the look of the Pioneer AVH-P4000DVD. Though, found some measurements and it seems to be too high to just slot in, in place of the standard unit:rolleyes:. I am wanting to upgrade the speakers, so am starting with the H.U, so any recommendations on speakers/amps/subs would be good please!!??

Thanks alot

Sam

the DIN size is industry standard so is double din, 1/2 din and 1 1/2 din
so any double din should fit it. Have a look on autoleads see if theres a facia avalible for it.

you could always make your own carputer as most 7" moniters can be made to fit a double din slot

the DIN size is industry standard so is double din, 1/2 din and 1 1/2 din
so any double din should fit it. Have a look on autoleads see if theres a facia avalible for it.

you could always make your own carputer as most 7" moniters can be made to fit a double din slot

right, ok, thanks for that then. I'll have a look on there, but i'm sure i have seen them.

how would i make my own carputer?

same way as you build up a normal PC. motherboard ram hard disc and moniter as the basics.

im just more or less finished mine, just need to finish tweeking parts. build up thread here
cost about the same as a decent HU to build my self but to buy they are a lot more pricer.
have a look on http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin for help if your wanting to build one.

same way as you build up a normal PC. motherboard ram hard disc and moniter as the basics.

im just more or less finished mine, just need to finish tweeking parts. build up thread here
cost about the same as a decent HU to build my self but to buy they are a lot more pricer.
have a look on http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin for help if your wanting to build one.

wow! respect to you! just had a look at your thread... awesome!

I don't think I have the brains to do anything like that to be honest. :( lol.

Thanks for that, it has given me a wider idea for it.

:embarrest: cheers :embarrest:
until i built that i had only done up a couple of pcs. it was a steep learning curve or me but fun, if not stressful at times.

its also giving me some other ideas that im wanting to do.

you can buy some decent double dins thats handle music and videos, it was trying to find something that handled both of them along with gps and diagnostics that made me think about doing something else

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back