Which Door Conversions do you think looks the best

• Gull wing doors (Delorean Style)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sucide Doors (RX8 rear doors)

• Standard doors look just fine.

• Total voters
I'm a pretty simple kind of guy, i'm happy to just de-lock and de-handle the standard doors.

Door conversions never seem to be as good as the original, and call me paranoid, but when i close my door I want to know it's gonna stay closed.

I'm a big Lambo doors fan - they would have to powered of couorse though. unfortunately they don't fit 4 door cars!

Isnt it like a couple of hundred to buy lambo doors and fittings but then like over a grand to have them fitted too?

Or is that just something i've heard..

That pretty close to what i've heard. Most require cutting away of the inside wing, wing removal and a respray so that is where the cost ads up.

Its HGS:-Head gasket syndrome : part = £2.50 fitting = £300!

Lambo doors all the way! :D But they are actually more practical than normal doors. Ever had a moment in the car park where you didn't leave yourself enough space to open the door enough without hitting another car. Thats where lambo doors are by far the winners
:!: :!: :D

yea instead of hitting the car next to you, you end up dinging the top of ya door on the roof of the car park lol, seen it happen to many times to want lambo doors

Just climb otu of your window. This way you dont open your door onto anything. Guys please note; be careful of your man bits on the door lock pin if you have them. They rip your jeans and bring tears to your eyes. :oops: :lol:

I have to admit that I usually park diagonally across 2 spaces and open the doors. That way no one opens teir door onto my car. And also, it is not as easy as it looks to get through those windows. I had to re-spray the drivrs door top last year cos I scratched it too :oops: .

yea instead of hitting the car next to you, you end up dinging the top of ya door on the roof of the car park lol, seen it happen to many times to want lambo doors:-

Lambo doors look nice, but i do prefer the ordinary doors, easier to get in and out and never thought about them hitting the roof of other cars....lol

well most of the multi story car parks have really low roof's in redditch for some reason, so theirs always some little boy racer going aroung with the top corner or their door all dinged up from wear it hit the roof lol, i tend to find it quite funny lol :lol:

waynne said:
I'm a big Lambo doors fan - they would have to powered of couorse though. unfortunately they don't fit 4 door cars!

is it possible to make them suicide lambo doors
that would fix the 4-door problem

Which Door Conversions do you think looks the best

waynne said:
Don't think I've ever seen a suicide Lambo - that would be cool!

<snip url removed - sorry no advertising urls allowed unless you post regularly>
This is an email they sent me about suicide lamo doors.
There are no kits for suicide Lambo doors. These have to be constructed on a one-off basis at considerable cost. We have done a couple for other
companies, but to be honest both cost around £4000-£5000 all in. We might be able to do them a spot cheaper now we know how to do them, but the labour is considerable.

surely if you were to have doors like that the back and front would hit each other if you opened both front and back together, :?
also wouldnt you need to remove the center post to have suicide doors as the rx8 does not have one, to make it work properly

I voted scissor doors because they are awesome, I could probably afford to install them on my 206 but without an over the top body kit I don't think it would look good. I really hate Suicide doors though... they look terrible!