Don't you just hate..

ginoP

Car
Alfa GTV 3.0 2002
You spend a large sum of money on a parts (in this case a coilover syspention kit for my ALFA GTV 3.0) and when you want any tech support the MANUFACTURER runs for the hills......

This is quite common, I think suspension part makers are the worlds worst at giving support. The packaged instructions are usually pretty poor and often very badly translated.

What help did you need with it? Perhaps someone on here can point you in the right direction.

Hi Waynne,
Installation a breeze ( i agree with you regarding instructions tho'..hand drawn with a blunt,black crayon ...) this was my question to the supplier....

I have just had a coilover kit installed in my ALFA GTV 3.0 2002.
I attach photo's of the rear springs installed. The car is off the lift and sitting squarely on the ground. My question is this:
Is it normal for all four of the top coils ( the thicker ones ) to be completely compressed whilst the car is at rest on a level surface.?
How i came to notice this is that the rear bottoms very easily. ( on very smooth surface it performs better then the standard set-up)
Rear shocks been set up at 50% of the damping range ( setting number 2 of 3) although making it any harder will not alleviate this situation.
This photo was taken after the car has done 500 kms with the new kit installed. (wanted a good datum point to base set-up on)
Hope you can throw some light on this issue.
The answer i got was as much as i had suspected..
The Springs on the Collar act as helper springs to support the car and coilovers.
just wanted to validate my theory....however, when i am able to post pictures, i will publish one for comment.

The car is vastly improved tho' and am very glad that i went this route. I have replace the bushes tho' with OEM parts and not aftermarket ones like i did on my previous GTV..(you run the risk of losing the passive rear wheel steering that has been designed into the OEM bits and although handling becomes crisper, it is not so forgiving making hi-speed driving in the damp perilous...)

Thanks for the response...

Alfa are pretty big on the passive rear wheel steer. The new Mito is renowned for it and it catches out a lot of drivers first time.

Their answer was pretty naff to say the least!

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back