Does your mood affect your driving?

Sometimes after a busy day I just need to clear my head so I go for a drive to do this.

Everyday driving is generally impaired if I'm stressed though, but I take this into account and drive a bit more cautiously.

If I get up early and feel on top of the world I'd usually drive a bit harder than usual and make the most of the drive.

I prefer to drive happy whenever possible, but if i'm in a mood, all patience with my fellow motorists just disappear's out of the window :embarrest:

My daily commute is on average an hour each way. On the way into work it is a sedate pace, afterall who wants to get to work early! On the return home it's a little brisker if traffic flow allows. However it only takes one idiot to ruin a nice drive and puts me in a right mood depending on the severity of their actions. Probably the only thing that really rubs me up the wrong way and may affect innocent drivers is when you pull in to allow another driver through, say due to parked cars, and do not get a thankyou :mad:, then every car coming head-on gets nothing from me!

i can relate to that stmford, if i let someone thru or out then dont get a thanks i dont let anyone past, thru or out for the rest of that day. Lol.

Yes Yes and Yes!!! :blink:

If im annoyed, angry - I tend to overtake a lot more

Happy - Tend to drive nice and slow untill a car makes me feel like one of the above! :D

I can't play prodigy in the car either. That always seems to make me angry, and give me road rage, and therefore drive fast :embarrest:

Happy - Tend to drive nice and slow untill a car makes me feel like one of the above! :D

I can't play prodigy in the car either. That always seems to make me angry, and give me road rage, and therefore drive fast :embarrest:

LOL! I can relate to that and Pump It by the Black Eyed Peas!

I'm with you on this one, if I'm angry or annoyed then really tend to take it out on the car.

and, like above from others, if i let someone out etc... and not even a thanks then everyone else during that journey can forget about receiving any nice gestures.

I try not to let my emotions get in the way of my driving but some days it's harder than others, on Tuesday driving down a double white lined road, a homotorcyclist overtook me crossing the lines. He overtook two other cars and then decided he'd stand up, let go of the controls and sort his trousers out while still doing 60mph, that put me in foul mood for the rest of the day because people can get away with doing stupid stuff like that and I know that if it was me, I wouldn't. For the rest of that day no one got a thank you for letting me out, several people got overtaken by me and my car feels a whole lot worse for it all, Damn bikes! :lol:

Last edited:
Driving can help my mood. If I need to work out a few issues or let off some steam or just go for a think I tend to go for a brisk drive along a country road. Sometimes the music is on and loud, sometimes the music is off and the windows are open.