Does your car horn sound wimpy?

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
I think a car horn sound tells a lot about the driver how would you describe your car horn in terms of personality and does this say anything about you?

My car Audi A3- Horn is Loud and authoritarian in an assertive kind of way. Is that me? Nope fraid not - I'm a shy retiring timid guy! :wink:

My horn says look at me!!!!!! And I am a bit of a show off. :D

Alternativly it says "ooh look a ramp, YEE HAA!" :lol:

Note: If you do but a big yank like mine DO NOT attemt to jump it. (I have done this with mine off a hump back bridge) They dont like it and they land very very badly, and you will poo yourself.

I did a jump in my first car - suspension was too soft and sent up a fantastic display of sparks from the sump and somewhere near the fuel tank when the shock bounced through the car. It was an accident - i didn't see the hump at all.

Fingers - does your horn go "da DA da DA dadily da da da na ner na"!

My well documented and sweetly re-mapped Peugeot 406 has a good 'get out the *****n way' kind of a note'.

Wife's Seat Ibiza is a bit impotent.

Had a Nisaan Primera years ago - that had some clout too.

German cars usually excel at this - they have to be audible at 160mph

:)

goose neck microphone and a set of all weather loudspeakers on the roof would be nice - and bung in a LED display that show the reg plate of the offending idiot

The Blues Brothers vs a million police cars! I'd love to do something like that but I don't think I can take the heat! 8)

I heard a dukes of Hazzard style air horn today - on a Capri of all cars. That took me back a few years! :lol:

I know, the Colonel Bogie is timeless. Sadly you can't fit 'em (or, at least use 'em on the road) in this country in cars first registered after July 1973.

Sometimes I think the authorities have taken just too much fun out of driving to make it so that it becomes tiresome. This surely cannot help safety.

mate had that on his caviler. connected up to another switch though along with amber beacon and all the additional lights. ( hes was a mechanic for a timer haulage. so was required to go up the woods )

theres another car floating around lockerbie with it as well but dont know what its on only hear it going past the window BR park up outside the pizza take away which is right next to the flat so hear the horns going until its their bedtime

To be honest I don't see the real difference between a normal horn and a tune playing version (Apart from the obvious) A horn sounding does not necessarily identify who it is that is sounding it, plus both attract attention from local drivers once they have been sounded so what's the problem?