Does conviction apply to speeding penalties

HDi fun

TC ModFather
Car
Passat 2.0 TDi
I hate the term convicted or conviction when applied to speeding when the driver has simply been issued with a FPN.

To my mind you have to be found guilty by judge and jury to have actually been convicted.

I hate the term convicted or conviction when applied to speeding when the driver has simply been issued with a FPN.

To my mind you have to be found guilty by judge and jury to have actually been convicted.

I agree totally with that. I know it's the hassle of going but if you are issued with points I think it should be the courts that issue them not the police on the roadside.....

Re: Do shock tactics work

You are, of course, quite entitled to reject the FPN. It's actually correctly name 'Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty'. You can decline it and ask for the matter to be dealt with by a court if you widh.

As for blooad and guts pictures I imagine it depends entirely upon the individual being shown them. I do not think it's guaranteed to work miracles.

Re: Do shock tactics work

Yea, I refused a FPN and went to court as I was dong 32 in a 30, out come was I was let off as the officer concerned had dished out 260 plus FPN on the same road in one week and many complaints had been recieved by the police about this officer, one driver had been stopped 20 times! but got off, as far as Im aware the officer now has a desk job.

Perhaps conviction is to hard a work to use. But insurers do ask if there have been any convictions for motoring offences on their forms.;)