Does anybody have tips on becoming a performance tuner

yul carlinsky

Wrench Pro
Car
bmw 325i
i am stil in school and i love working with cars. i hate standard cars i love tuner cars. i am going 2 become a tuner myself. does anybody have advice on how i should start

Learn everything you can at college, try and get a job working with someone who is excellent at what they do and learn as much as you can from them. Work on your own and your mates cars as practice until you have learnt enough to be any good (which unless you are gifted will be a long time imo). Once you have good enough skills people will want to come to you.

Try to get into a garage which offers an apprenticeship. Move into a motorsport environment asap. Rally teams need to build quick strong cars so this can give a good basis into the pitfalls of tuning.

As steer from the rear says, practice on your own and friends cars. Build up your confidence slowing moving from swapping service items up to adding tuning parts and then go into the engineering aspect more thoroughly.

I recommend Hilliers books on Motor Vehicle technology. ISBN 978-0-7487-8082-2 available from Amazon and other good retailers.