82 trans am kitt
any one ever used this stuff

am running out of autoglym polishes so need to buy new stuff soon
was thinking of giving the dodo stuff ago

is dear stuff to buy but if its good then its ok

I believe Turtle Wax Platinum Extra Gloss Car polish and Simoniz Original Wax
are kiddies. and easy to buy

Last edited:
"Stamina is at the heart of this category as polishing is hard work and you do not want to be doing it every other week. So we put 25 top sellers on a bonnet and watched to see how they beaded water over six weeks to find the wax or polish that will protect your paintwork longest."

Crap test then, because Collonite 476s will last up to six months at a stretch. If they used 25 "top sellers" they won't have even got to the good waxes!!! I think it's safe to say you can ignore that test Matt.

6 weeks is nothing for a wax

am going to order some small pots should last a year so will give it a go
plus the small pots are not to dear

good stuff but i dont think the durability is up to that of 476 or fk1000p which as MA says looked after your talking 3-4 months. hense why im using the 1000p as my winter protection when i get a chance

have a read through this theres a few dodo waxes used
http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=76435
this test was done over 4 months before the guy gave up with some of the stronger ones still giving visible protection

and if you order through i4detailing use the coupon code DWX for 7.5%

as for polishes menzerna or megs can be used by hand

thanks for that site pg
think i will stick with what i have a/g hd wax and a/g super resin
might get some dodo red mist some say it is good stuff and some of the shampoo

To clean shoes properly first you must remove all waxes from the shoe, surely it is the same for cleaning a car, Mind you I only ever clean them twice, the week I buy them and the week I sell them. Life is too short for the inbetweenies.

for shoes i dont remove the wax unless it becomes cracked or gouged new wax is aplied on top of old stuff - and i have mirror finishes on my polished shoes ;)

as with cars stripping back the wax to polish is necessary but layering LSPs (Last stage protection ,whether it is wax or sealants - alot are a mix of both now) will give more durability and gloss. isnt uncommon to see some cars wearing 10+ layers or LSP. i know i stop when i have around 5 or 6 layers.

if you think about it a nice few layers of LSP means the dirt is on that and not actually on your paintwork - hense the protection - so when you clean the car you really are only cleaning the LSP.

AG HD is a good wax luton couple of coats of that should see you a good few months. the red mist is a quick detailer so tops up between waxes

none i dont
only shoes i have are my golf shoes lol

now with this colder weather on its way it may hold off my cleaning lol
the audi has a few coats of deep shine on it
and kitt is garaged for the winter but has many coats of everything on

and the landrover well that had its 3rd wash sinice i got it the day i went to france
gets washed when it rains unless it is really muddy and i cant see out of the windws

i only polish the parade shoes for cadets and they only get worn a couple of times a year. the ones i wear weekly are painted gloss black sooo much easier to look after

yeah matt im trying to find a reasonable day when im off to get mines done properly - wheels off etc ready for winter. the UDS does look quite good on black, doesnt work as well on silver.

I've used a lot of different waxes and have found that Collonite 476 seems to be the one that lasts the longest, but it doesn't seem to make the paintwork gleam like some other waxes, so I normally use it as a winter wax for protection. After a good paint clean my favourite summer wax is P21s.:love:

i only polish the parade shoes for cadets and they only get worn a couple of times a year. the ones i wear weekly are painted gloss black sooo much easier to look after

yeah matt im trying to find a reasonable day when im off to get mines done properly - wheels off etc ready for winter. the UDS does look quite good on black, doesnt work as well on silver.

I saw James May "man lab" and a Soilder was cleaning boots and explained that you actually polish the polish (Built up Layers) He said that people assume you polish a thin layer which has impregnated the leather so i guess a car is polished the same way

I saw James May "man lab" and a Soilder was cleaning boots and explained that you actually polish the polish (Built up Layers) He said that people assume you polish a thin layer which has impregnated the leather so i guess a car is polished the same way

but remember shoe polish is actually a wax :toung: but yeah the shine is built up in layers

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back