Dodgy electrics help!!!

minx23

Tuner
Car
mondeo zetec s tdci
Hi, just wondering if any of you guys could help me out here!!! Ok here's my problem... My central locking is acting up and only works when it wants too.. This I can deal with... But once in the car there is a ticking coming from under the steering wheel.. Think it's the relay!!! Well if I get in the car and lock both doors the tickin disappears, after about ten minutes ya hear a click and then I know I can unlock the doors and the ticking has gone!!! This also is liveable!!! But along with this problem, is that while ever it's ticking the windows won't open (electric windows) unless both locks are locked!!! And also the lights on the drivers door (window operating lights) go off until it either clicks or I have the doors locked!!! Which is really starting to get on my pip!! Also.....as if there can be much more.... If the drivers door is open and I try to open the windows the interior light flashes whenever I press the window button!!! does anyone think these problems could all be possibly linked to just the central locking or does it sound like a whole bunch of problems??? I'm a woman so please don't get too technical on me :) cheers in advance!!! Oh the car is a x Reg mondeo :)

Last edited:
Sounds like the wiring is messed up, how is the tubeline from the door to the A-style (where the hinges are)? Is it open, cracked or even missing?
Could be a ground problem, it also may be advisable to remove the doorpanel to see what's under there. If it's filled with water, these problems could also occur.

Everything looks fine when the door is open!! No wires showing or cracks!! Not sure if anything is going on behind the door card tho!!! Might have to have a look!! Someone else suggested water might be getting into the inner door!!!
I just don't want to get robbed at a garage coz they think I'm a gullible woman lol!!
I came on here before asking about my airbag light flashing and was told to disconnect and reconnect the yellow connectors under the drivers seat and connect them again!! And it sorted the flashing light out! But I had been to a garage before hand and they told me 35 quid just to have a look, let alone do anything!!!! So I always come here first now ;)