Dodge caliber 2.0 crd

frankie406

Car
Toyota avensis d4d
Hello I'm currently looking at a 2007/2008 dodge caliber crd looks a very nice strange and rare car (I may be crazy buying it) I'm looking to know anything about these cars.I know it uses the vw 2.0tdi 140bhp PD engine I looking to know what the engine code is and what the gearbox is from also.any compatible parts for these cars too.
Thanks

Always be prepared to fork out if you're buying an American car in the UK mate. Cheap to buy but expensive for parts etc. A lot of them use German parts though. I had a Chrysler 300 CRD SRT. It had the 3.0 V6 and auto box from a Merc. If they're using the VW engine though they may well be using a VW box as well.

They rarely are mate. Much as I loved my 300c cos it looked the nuts and had every gadget imaginable I couldn't get along with the auto box and couldn't park it anywhere and then when it came time to get brake pads I had to get them from Chrysler themselves, that was the final straw for me

Thinking of staying with the Toyota avensis or possibly go the lexus route but the 2.2 diesel engines on the lexus have a % of head gasket problem's. Cheers for the replies really appreciate it.

Just do your research mate. Check for common faults etc n know what to be aware of when you go to look at any. Forums are a great tool, especially owners forums as those people will know best and be most honest about the issues they've had