Torque Cars

Dodge caliber 2.0 crd

Discussion in 'Other makes and models' started by frankie406, 10 April 2017.

1. frankie406

frankie406 New member

Ireland
    Car:
    Toyota avensis d4d
    Hello I'm currently looking at a 2007/2008 dodge caliber crd looks a very nice strange and rare car (I may be crazy buying it) I'm looking to know anything about these cars.I know it uses the vw 2.0tdi 140bhp PD engine I looking to know what the engine code is and what the gearbox is from also.any compatible parts for these cars too.
    Thanks

2. Rudders666

Rudders666 Torque Master

West Yorkshire
    Car:
    Ford Focus ST300+
    Always be prepared to fork out if you're buying an American car in the UK mate. Cheap to buy but expensive for parts etc. A lot of them use German parts though. I had a Chrysler 300 CRD SRT. It had the 3.0 V6 and auto box from a Merc. If they're using the VW engine though they may well be using a VW box as well.

3. frankie406

frankie406 New member

Ireland
    Car:
    Toyota avensis d4d
    Cheers mate I walked away from it.good strong engine but the rest of the car wasn't!

4. Rudders666

Rudders666 Torque Master

West Yorkshire
    Car:
    Ford Focus ST300+
    They rarely are mate. Much as I loved my 300c cos it looked the nuts and had every gadget imaginable I couldn't get along with the auto box and couldn't park it anywhere and then when it came time to get brake pads I had to get them from Chrysler themselves, that was the final straw for me

5. frankie406

frankie406 New member

Ireland
    Car:
    Toyota avensis d4d
    Thinking of staying with the Toyota avensis or possibly go the lexus route but the 2.2 diesel engines on the lexus have a % of head gasket problem's. Cheers for the replies really appreciate it.

Rudders666 likes this.
  6. Rudders666

Rudders666 Torque Master

West Yorkshire
    Car:
    Ford Focus ST300+
    Just do your research mate. Check for common faults etc n know what to be aware of when you go to look at any. Forums are a great tool, especially owners forums as those people will know best and be most honest about the issues they've had