Do you use a hands free kit?

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Do you have a hands free kit installed in your car?

Do you use it much? Does it work well and what model do you have?

I do use a handsfree kit and would not be without it. It is a Parrot MKi 9200 with a colour screen. It has voice recognition, and iPod connectivity with album artwork displayed on the screen. The other good thing about it is the Bluetooth connectivity feature; so even if your mobile phone has a sat nav, it will play the audio over the cars speakers - marvellous!

I used to have a Parrot Bluetooth kit in my previous car. Not as sophisticated as T9's but it worked very well indeed.

If I was ordering a new car I'd look to have the factory Bluetooth installation along the lines of Ford's fitments which I think work superbly.

I am using a Sun visor mounted unit which is surprisingly good for it's modest sixty quid price. Not integrated into the cars audio system so not quite as intuitive.

See here. . . . Its a tiny little thing, about 4 inches wide - the pic makes it look Huuuge

Attachments

• supertooth-buddy-front.jpg
    supertooth-buddy-front.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 5
I used to have a Parrot Bluetooth kit in my previous car. Not as sophisticated as T9's but it worked very well indeed.

If I was ordering a new car I'd look to have the factory Bluetooth installation along the lines of Ford's fitments which I think work superbly.

I am using a Sun visor mounted unit which is surprisingly good for it's modest sixty quid price. Not integrated into the cars audio system so not quite as intuitive.

See here. . . . Its a tiny little thing, about 4 inches wide - the pic makes it look Huuuge

I have a visor mounted BLUE ANT that works well and complies with the rules here BUT I would like an automatic answer gizzmo if there is such one out there that doesn't cost too many $$$$$$$$

To be honest I don't like to take calls on the move if I can avoid it. It's more distracting than talking with a passenger who's in the car with you. Any psychologists out there care to try and explain why?

I would like an automatic answer gizzmo if there is such one out there that doesn't cost too many $$$$$$$$

Actually most of the kits have this facility but the default is to press the "Yes" or the "Green" button to manually answer/reject the call.
This is done purely so you have a choice of whether to take the call or send it straight to voicemail; i.e. you may have a call coming in (Displayed origin via your screen) that you would rather not have your passengers hear so the automatic answer needs to be switched on by your good self.

Yup ive the fiscon system attached to the columbus unit.

can use the phone to initiate the call, the indicator stalks or the head unit.
like T9s it also supports A2DP for streaming music

I had the CK 3100 for a couple of years before I upgraded to the MKi 9200.
It was a great little set up if I remember rightly, a bit expensive when bought through a main dealer though - ouch!

I wish I discovered the Parrot certified fitter before I parted with OMG £'s with the main dealer, and that was twice I might add :embarrest: