Do you have an air freshner in your car?

Chris - is your the MkII Grannie? They were (and surviving ones still are) absolute icons. Comfort and space in abundance. The inejctor fed 2.8s used to go pretty nicely as well.

Got any pics?

Yeah HDi fun, Comfort: its like a moblile living room, crossed with a hovercraft, LOL. Mine is the carb version, but she's like the proverbial " sh*t of a hot chrome shovel " :blink1:

I have put some pics in an album on my profile! Please bear in mind these pics are of her as I got her :blink: She is ' Laid up ' at the moment, awaiting a few cosmetic repairs, a damn good clean, Ins & Tax Funds. :rolleyes: Hopefully once I've finished she will look something like the picture Wayne has posted on my ' Intro thread '.

Chris.. :blink1:

Nothin' wrong with carbs mate - in those days they usually gave better pedal response than injectors anyway - mainly because the electronic regulation was a bit sluggish then.

Foot on pedal - throttles open, fuel on standby shoved thanks to throttle pumps etc. And off you go. In comfort and classic style. And not that much more slowly than some of todays jumped up non-execs.

Cheers,

Rgds,

P.

hayley lives by the sea - stones and shells mean a lot.

Lucky girl, I'd happily take up residence west of minehead

thanks, how about we swap places lol. Had enough of the tourists already and I'm only 5 days in to the summer holidays.

We're all in Northam (couple of miles north of Bideford off the A39) at the moment, visiting the inlaws. Hopefully I can claw myself away from the tourist badge given I have family down this way :)

How about a quick attempt at organising a TQcars meet in the southwest? I'm sure we can get a few responses and attendees.

Rgds,

P (HDi)

Haha yes I'm sure you dont walk out in front of cars dragging along 10 kids messing around in the road.

Ah yes I've been to Bideford, nice place, yeah a meet down here would be good. We should definately try to organise one, any interest??

Never used an air freshner - they are ugly and disctracting. I use a dashboard wipes (and upholstery) with smell of different fruits. I wipe the dashbaord on average 3-4 times a month. It cleans and freshens. Currently I am hooked on strawberry. :D

hyrich - I had a wooden lemon that kept rolling around!

Not thought of using dashboard wipes - they aren't the ones impregnated with silicone are they georges?

NO, no silicon in this, dont have them on me now. but they do a great job, matt finish for the dashboard and they clean the grimes. For upholstery, which I love most, they really do clean. I had chocolate finger print all over the roof lining, adn this baby cleaned it all with minimal fuss. I'll get the exact brand and read teh ingredients :D