Do you have an air freshner in your car?

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
I would say that no-one actually remembers going out and buying an air freshner but we all seem to end up with one in our car. Did you get one as a present and should you have been offended by this?

There are now a few types - the magic tree or dangle from the mirror.
The Clip on to the air vents type
The stick on the dashboard type.

Which do you have? What does it (or is it supposed to) smell of?

Every air freshner I have tried has been too strong smelling and ends up going for a whiz through the window! :lol:

Every air freshener I have tried has been too strong smelling and ends up going for a whiz through the window!

At least I take mine home and bin 'em.

i have a free 1 hanging off my rear view mirror and tbh i have no idea what the scent is but its nice :bigsmile:

The tree ones work quite well but I don't like then swinging from the mirror. try trigger gun fabric freshener such as Febreze as an alternative.

The tree ones work quite well but I don't like then swinging from the mirror. try trigger gun fabric freshener such as Febreze as an alternative.

me personally i dont mind mine on the rear view mirror as it dosent swing much and i dont use febreez as it leaves a fine mist on the leather if i had cloth upholstery i probably would

Every air freshener I have tried has been too strong smelling and ends up going for a whiz through the window!

At least I take mine home and bin 'em.

I'm still in the garage at home when I do this. I've got a lovely smelling garage.

Someone said with the tree ones if you just peel open the package and gradually expose it to the air you avoid that lemon rush!

They do all seem really strong. The Fabreeze is a good idea though.

yeah the trees used to have markings on the back showing you how far to pull them out. if i remember they take 7 weeks before the plastics fully off

Magic Tree - "New Car Scent"

Came with the car when I bought it, 2 months ago.

Its starting to smell less & less so i'll probably invest in a new one soon.

Probably a Pimp My Ride one, love them ;)

The Classic VW Beetles always smelt of Petrol so it could help the newer ones get the nostalgic feeling of the Classic.

Jack Dee once said:

'If you have a car freshener in you car, you are admitting that you smell!'

:)

I have a blue tree type in mine Ive never brought a freshner in my life, but the cars Ive owned have them all the time hanging on mirror or dash,
So Maybe I gotta keep with the trend & buy one ,I think of this as Ive modded my car why not mod with a decent smell & freshner.

I have 5 in my car, 3 danglies & 2 air vent! ( not sure why, I think I don't want a 'smelly car! ').

Chris.. :blink1:
Having all them danglies is good coz when Im stuck in traffic I like to see how far I can stretch & ping emm before they break.

Ok No probs I wanted to mention this before..If they in the back thats even better coz it keeps the kids occupied pinging them about...LOL:bigsmile:
Then when they say are we there yet...you can say yehhhhh.. Thank heavens for danglies.

Chris - is your the MkII Grannie? They were (and surviving ones still are) absolute icons. Comfort and space in abundance. The inejctor fed 2.8s used to go pretty nicely as well.

Got any pics?

I have a vanilla monkey hanging from a branch with both arms, I love it when I'm sat in a queue seeing how far I can pull him down before he springs back up again.

He was £1.25 but definately the best £1.25 I've spent on my car.
You can't buy much decent stuff for your car for just over a quid, but I've found something.

:) Yeh very true on the £1.25 ...Mine was free as it was with the car.It dont even smell now Just looks good,I have a chrome one too on the windscreen dash that dont smell but it looks like sone extreme gadget infact people say to me corr whots that LOL,,I guess another good investment for me regarding a £1.25 freshner is to spend another & get a re Fill.

ah, i like the ones that are silver and shaped like a pebble, they look too good to be an air freshner.