Do you have a garage

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Where do you keep your car? Do you have a garage and do you use it? What about a driveway or carport?

How many of us suffer the driving up your own exhaust syndrome to find convenient street parking?

I have a garage but it is far too small. You'd have to climb out of the sunroof in order to use it! A total waste of space. Another 4 or 5 inches would have made all the difference! I'm sure that I'm probably not alone on this one.

I've got a drive with one of my Ti's on and I keep the Focus on the road in the day and at night I put it on the grass on my front yard.

At the house, I have a garage but I sort of converted it into a studio so thats not useable anymore so I just park on the driveway or on the road. At the Caravan I just park on the concrete out front.

I wana get an underground garage one day, I've seen videos of those car lifts people have on there driveways aswell where the Lambo will come up out of the ground. Sweeeet :D

I have a garage but it is far too small. You'd have to climb out of the sunroof in order to use it! A total waste of space. Another 4 or 5 inches would have made all the difference! I'm sure that I'm probably not alone on this one.

mines the same :( :-x

they no longer build houses with garages big enough to fit a car in :confused:

mines just used for the bike and a work/spray/sandblasting place.

I'd kill for a double garage for my one car.

I just have a "secure" car park which I turn into my own workshop on a regular basis, much to the annoyance of the other residents.

I second the underground garage though. Those things are sweet!

I have a garage but the wife uses it. I get to park in the drive. right next to the RV. keep getting HOA complaints due to the RV being parked there, but im not technically part of the HOA's sphere of influence so they can just shove off. neighbors hate the burb due to it being a squealer when i fire her up and she leaks power sterring fluid.

ive got a double garage, big drive and parking outside so plenty of room for me when i get my wheels!!

Double garage and parking for 4 cars :D

Problem is, you can't put two cars in the garage. It's so narrow each side that you'd never get out of the car, so I have to park in the side so that the drivers door opens into the middle of the garage.

That said - I can seldom be arsed to bother inching it in. The W8 is quite long and only just fits length ways.

Dscf2009.jpg

tell ya what 2fast, ill bring my RV and you can have the spare bed, but will have to give me a week or so. stupid cargo ships are to slow. lol

Dont have a garage and parting on the main street is a pain unless your parking up after 6pm or earlier than 7am

Next house WILL be having a garage

I guess im one of the lucky ones here I live in australia ( Adelaide) have plenty of room my garage will hold 2 large cars and a workshop that will hold one (spoilt).

i have a garage in the back garden but i cant use it since the kitchen extension was built
but i have a drive on the front with room for 3 cars

in october of next year im moving to colorado and moving into my newly built house. I got lucky and was able to purchase two houses sided by side at and auction and the zoning will allow me to demo them both and combine the lots :). Gonna have a 3 car garage and a 2 car shop so you all are welcome to come use em. you just have to pay for the travel/shipping/parts but ill take care of the beer, food and tools

Will hold you to that ;)

mum joked with me last year that we should buy their house as the morgage was paid off and she fancies moving. as theres a big parade on the morn we moved the cars down there. my sister mine the wifes and mums astra. nose of the ashtray is just outside the gates.

like i said you have to pay for the shipping, travel and parts and ill host ya for up to a week in the house. only catch is i live in the states so may not be worth it to travel unless you are already here.

Have a garage but cant fit a car in as we turned half of it into another room. I have to leave my car out on the road/path as my parents use the only driveway space we have. My area is really quite though so its fine.

My dads house has a double garage at ground level & then drive sweeps round the side & under the house to a 2nd subterranean double garage, A/V room & storage rooms...

I want my Dads house. :sad2::lol:

We are lucky and have a load of space - but still not enough - 3 garages and luckily the Impreza gets one but we could still do with another 3 as the rest have to park on the drive

small garage need two, has tin roof it gets a bit hot in there lol

Attachments

• Picture 346.jpg
    Picture 346.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 5
I consider myself pretty lucky.

Property has plenty of land, so I built a detatched double garage. One side has the Robin Hood in, the other is full of unused gym equipment :)

Converted barn at end off garden has 6 bays:

Workshop
Elan bay
Son's Alfa bay
Situpon mower/garden furniture/assorted tat room
Tack Room
Final bay converted into 2 loose boxes (for horses)

Having spent many years working in the road or on the drive in all weathers, at my age I need a lttle comfort :)

Day-to-day cars have to sit on the drive - its all about personal priorities :)

I used to have a garage, one of those cheap nasty reinforced (that's a laugh, more like chicken wire) concrete kits. The previous owner obviously thought it was great, but I was so unimpressed by the flakes of concrete falling onto my car(s) that I pulled it down.

What a sense of achievement - I've never removed an entire building before.

A good excuse for swinging a sledge hammer though. Cleared the hard-stand completely in two days. The area is so much more useful without the width restrictions imposed by the garage that I don't envisage putting one back. It makes our drive suitable for off-street parking for about three cars (OK one buried at the back). Now all I've got to do is stop the guy with the Fedex van leaving it across my drive while he comes home for lunch (or whatever it is he comes home for!). I complained to his HQ - that shifted him for a while at least.