Do you drive at the limit regularly

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Are you often driving at the limit (speed, grip, adhesion, cornering force etc..) or is this something that you do on rare occasions to get the most out of a fun drive?

I only push the car and my limits on a track|B and don't recommend that drivers test the limits on public roads at any time \B

If that makes me an old fuddy duddy or killjoy then too bad .V(

There are a few particular roads in and around Worthing that get a caining, but my 1.1 can't do what i want it to obviously.V(
Also, since growing up i have calmed down a lot, I used to batter it on the way to the Chelsea cruise in the 90's.
Electronic music, Beats and Bass, any brand for me. Including some i have made in the lab;)

There are two country lanes near my mums and I just cannot help myself on them.

One of which when I had my Focus could take the twisty bits more or less flat out. It was like it was on rails that thing.
They decided to allow HGV's and buses down now though and it can be tight in places so don't really do it anymore.

Just to point out. I don't condone pushing a car to it's limits on public roads.

It is best left to a track.

I understand my own limits. So I will and do push them sometimes.
Judging the road, condition and traffic is key with pushing it on certain roads.

If none of those box's can be ticked as ok then it wouldn't happen.

No one is a saint in honesty. Knowing your own limits is key to a safe driving experience.
Whether that be on the road or the track.
You could kill someone on either being a lunatic. :)

In the context of the original question I was referring to people driving within their limits and what's safe to the prevailing road conditions, not that people go to track day levels of extreme experimentation and exceed those limits.

It's safe to push to the "limits" on roads but never to exceed them. There should be a margin between what is safe included in your limits. I like to think that most drivers know their skills and cars capabilities.

Sadly you do see some young drivers far exceeding what their car is capable of and what is safe. Assuming a corner will be clear or that the other driver will get out of your way is a supreme folly.