Do you dream of car?

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Is it just me? Every now and then I have car related dreams. There is one which is recurring where I am trying to stop but the brakes are not working! :eek:

This is probably the drivers equivalent of the running dream where you are trying to get away but you are just not moving?

This morning I dreamt that I was driving a Toyota Supra that had been converted into a house. The rear visibility was non existant and I was trying to reverse around a corner:lol: How wacky is that.

What do you rekon that these dreams might mean? Post up your own car dreams so we can phsychologically analyse them for you!;)

only one dream that was driving to work in a volvo v70 estate one t5 with cream seats ect and was white

but then i got a volvo c70 t5 in orange with black seats

ive had the brakes not working in real life twice on my first nova
eek.gif
quite scary
scared.gif

but in reply to the thread i dont dream if i do i dont remember them when i go to sleep thats me done till the alarm goes off in the morninig
yawn.gif

Good for you mate. I wish I was able to sleep like that. I went through a bout of clinical (ie. not manic) depression a few years ago, which was treated with the usual prozac and one hell of a long time off work. Glad to say completely better now but I do have a legacy in that I don't sleep particularly well any more. Thankfully I've never yet experienced real life brake failure!! Although I've driven the odd car here and there where the brakes are allegedly working but you'd never notice :-(

mate being able to sleep like i can is a blessing and a curse take for example the earthquake we had in dudley a couple of years ago the epicentre was literally 1 mile from my home i slept right through so woke up the next morning all fresh for work completely oblivious to what happened but on the other side of it is when i was an aprentice i used to sleep quite regular on the long van journeys and 1 day they decided to paint a hitler moustach on me and i caught the bus home without realising you can probably imagine the looks i was getting but without me realising why there are quite a few incidents like this in my life quess its a good job im thick skined

:lol: Thats funny! You poor guy!

Dreams are an important part of the REM cycle. I think we all dream but we only remember the ones we have just before we wake up. If we are in a deep sleep and the alarm wakes us up we never reach the waking REM cycle.

I know I don't dream when I'm totally exhausted but if I lay in for a bit I start to dream and feel a lot more refreshed.

dream car would honestly be a passat the new one, drove it the other week, and loved it styling was nice, speed not brilliant but comfortable, nice enough stilling for me, and a reputable company, reliable aparantly!

i loved that car all it need was a few homely touches! :p

I've had a few car related dreams...none of them wet! Dreamt of driving certain cars and being at shows etc...I suppose when you spend all day thinking about cars you will tend to dream about them! :lol:

One night I had a dream that I was eating a giant marshmallow.

When I woke up half my pillow was gone!

isnt that a simpsons quote??

reminded me of the family guy, peter is dreaming that he is eating a giant marshmello (i think) and when he wakes up there is half a sheep there lol

have had a couple of driving dreams, one was really strange, i was in a small car, something like a fiesta, and was burning around but couldnt get it out of first gear :/

Last edited: