Dislocated finger = Dirty Motor

bigbadjoe

Pro Tuner
Car
Evo 8 @ 400bhp
I dislocated my finger on Saturday playing rugby, and my car had to pay the price! :(

I was unable to clean my car (inside or out).

The problem is, is that I don't trust anyone els to wash her. What if they drop the sponge one the froor and continue cleaning (with bits of stone and grit inbedded in the sponge), or they are wearing jeans and scratch the door while doing the roof with the metal studs you get to hold the pocket in place.

I did considder pressure wash, but was not convinced.
I would never put her through a car wash.
Even if I did find someone to wash her, would I want there hands all over my baby?
I have therfore decided to wate untill next Sunday.

Would any of you let other people wash your cars or would you use a presure washer?

I took mine to the local hand car wash and I wish I hadn't. The near perfect paint finish is now full of swirls and scratches. I think they must have used a brillo pad. It is a shame because traditionally they do a fantastic job. I won't be going back.

im only 240 or so miles away mate run it down and ill wash it for ya

i only wash my car, have seen what the local hand wash place is like and i used to work in a petrol station so know what those brushes are made of and how much damage they can do !!

First time i washed my girl, was at a "soft touch".. the kind at the gas station where you pay at the pump and it gives you a code for the wash... Everything was going fine until the giant wheels turned on from the side. I considered putting the car in reverse and backing over the tracks but sat through the wash... spiderweb fricken city. The factory orange-peel isn't attracted to begin with but the paint is awful now. Until I can afford a spray I dont bother washing unless it gets real bad or salty in the winter.

As I live on the coast, there is loads of salt in the air. I get annoyed when I cant wash her.

And it is pointless doing it in the dark at night after work!

the impreza, as i'm lazy, always goes to the local handwash - at 5 quid a shot it would just be rude to do it myself and deprive others of a living - well this is the way i sell it to myself in anycase.