Disconnected wires?

kiemuloly

Car
Megane Coupe
hey.. i have the renault megane facelift coupe ide and after looking around under the bonnet found a switch thats activated by opening and closing the bonnet- but nothing is plugged into it? anyone have any ideas what its meant to do and why its not connected? also near by is a couple of 5a fused wires that lead off somewhere into the engine bay... but again arnt connected to anything.

also we have the symptoms of a faulty EGR (i hope) and apparently they're a discontunued line for this model... any ideas what the blanking piece that renault suply as a replacement does or doesnt do that it probably should?

i havnt tested actually to see if the door light comes on when the boots open... if it doesnt then no- managed to wire up the switch tho- its the alarm if u open the bonnet... still uncertain to the other wires but on closer inspection it leads somewhere inside the cabin... cba to take apart the dash to see where it goes yet tho.

might be meant for higher models and would display an error if the bonnet isnt properly closed.
i know my alarm wont arm if my bonnet is open

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back