different bore but same pcd,, what damage will it do

i have a polo 6N and am looking at alloys for the festive season, and it seems a general idea that i can fit Corsa rims straight on,, but on checking fitting guides find that yes they are both 100 PCD but the bore for the corsa is aboout 1mm lower,, what difference will this make and any ways round it

cheers ppl,, the Icy season is nearly here,, time to sort out handbrake!!

1mm smaller? Won't fit on then to put it simply. You could have 1mm machined out of the centres of the wheels.

That's what I thought.

So the centre hole is not the same diameter for all wheels?

I didn't know this. Apart from the 406 which had those oddball centreless alloys which I've never knowingly seen before. I could consider them to be wheels with extremely small centre holes perhaps :) ?

If you find a set of wheels with the same PCD but a larger centre bore you can buy spigot rings (check ebay or any wheel shop) which will fit the bore of the wheel and that of the flange on your hub. It is wise to fit them so as not to place undue stresses onto the wheel studs or bolts.

You can always tell if this is the case if one day you feel the car has dropped into a pothole and you see a wheel and tyre going past and think 'hey I have some just like that!' :blink:

Another thing to bear in mind is the wheel offset, some wheels may look okay but may foul on suspension or wheel arch lips if the offset is the wrong way.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back