Differance between a GT and a GTS

kutzyz

Wrench Pro
Car
1992 R32, 1997 R33
hey this may sound a stupid question but how do you tell the diffrance between a GT and a GTS??? As far as i know my r33 is a GT but something random came up the other day i was going through some papers and i thinks its registered as a GTS

Last edited:
Re: R33 owners say hello here

If it's not a GT-R, it's a GT-S. Simples :bigsmile:

No such thing as an RB25DETT engine. RB25's are single or non-turbo as standard.

how do you tell the diff in engine? its non-turbo so im guessing RB25

Pretty sure its not a GT-R though so is there no such thing as just a GT? only GT-R and GT-S

If it's non-turbo it's definately not a GT-R matey as those are TT as standard. There are some 2 litre NA R33's floating around though (RB20E). Also, it should tell you the capacity on your logbook.

yeep well i dnt hava logbook or anything aye didnt buy the car new so ye lol

if you dont have a logbook the cars not yours mate, the log books the V5 you need it to put the car in your name etc

i hav know idea what you mean the car is registered to me they probly do it different here in NZ maybe it'll say on the reg papers or sumtin? ill just have to have a good look at the papers i guess lol

Last edited:

Ahh didnt relise you were in NZ, over here the ownership papers (does pink slip mean anything ? this is a more common term throughout the world ) are called the V5 logbook it contains your details, name address etc and the cars - engine, emsissions, colour, doors, seats, age

oh ok lol um ye i know what a pink slip is over here we just say slips though coz their not pink but ye its just the rego papers (over here they dont go into so much detail just name, address, make, model, colour sedan/coupe) sometimes the info for make n model arent so accurate thats why im trying to figure out how to tell the difference between GT and GTS

i thought the GT was onlly associated with the R34 as thats what we have.. an R34 N/a

GTS is associated with the older models such as the R32 and R33..
you also need to know the difference in the engines...
is it a RB20e, RB25de, RB25det..?

OMG I'm going to go mental. You'll have a hard time telling the difference between an R33 GT and an R33 GTS because THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS AN R33 GT.

R34 GT, yes. R32 GTE, yes. R33 GT, no.

ok thats what i needed to know lol so its obviously a GT-S lol sorry like i said at the in my first post "this may sound stupid" but thanks for the help

haha Thanks guys well yes it has just come to my knowledge that R33 does not have a straight GT meaning my car is a GT-S took alot of discussion and confussion but i got it worked out now i think and its an RB25 wts de and det stand for?

I used to know the acronyms for the whole engine name but can't really remember any more. Race Breed, 2.5, Double (as in cam) or DOHC, E?, Twin and/or Turbo. If I remember rightly that is.

I used to know the acronyms for the whole engine name but can't really remember any more. Race Breed, 2.5, Double (as in cam) or DOHC, E?, Twin and/or Turbo. If I remember rightly that is.

aw well some one on here will know lol these guys are pretty onto it and are hella helpful

haha Thanks guys well yes it has just come to my knowledge that R33 does not have a straight GT meaning my car is a GT-S took alot of discussion and confussion but i got it worked out now i think and its an RB25 wts de and det stand for?

Engine code mate "de" is naturally aspired and "det" is the turbocharged version.

You have probably got GT from the side badge which is on most models .

As said before if its not got a RB26 engone then its not a GTR

Theres GTS /GTST /GTT= 2.5DET single turbo engine or non turbo 2 litre or 2.5 litre but all are Rear wheel drive only.

GTS FOUR = 2 litre RB20 engine with HICAS (4wSteering) and ATTESSA "4"WD

GTR = 2.6 DETT engine twin turbo (sometimes changed to a big single) with awd and 4w steering - a completely different animal
Unlike most twin turbos they come on together not sequentially

most gts's have the little badge on the side saying GT it actualy means naff all lol

the gtt isnt a 25de its a rb25 neo

as said previously no such thing as a r33 gt just gts or gtst and you can tell them apart cause one the gtst has on the right hand side of the engine as you look at it a turbo hanging under the manifold and also a small intercooler in the front bumper passengers side the other is boring and should not have a skyline badge attached to it anywere lol oh and dont even get me started on the 2ltrs. what a waste of engine space

turbo or non turbo it wont make any difference to yur insurance when you mention the words nissan skyline so you may as well buy a turbo,

turbo or non turbo it wont make any difference to yur insurance when you mention the words nissan skyline so you may as well buy a turbo,

Very true. A mate inquired about import Mk4 Supra insurance, was £34 more for the TT than the N/A. Think that's mostly due to the TT one being worth more as well.

Needless to say, he bought an RX-7 and binned it in three weeks! Now he's after a Cossie ffs, I told him he should learn to drive first.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back