Diesel - having remapped, do I limit myself to using only the good stuff??

Jonny1001

Car
Golf 1.9 GT TDi 150
Just wondered, if having had a remap, should I only really use the higher quality diesel???

What are the advantages?

Thanks.

I stick with BP Ultimate. The car will work with any BS or ISO approved fuel but in my estimation the premium stuff is worth the money. It's also much kinder to pumps and injectors than the cheap stuff. This can save on repair costs.

Consider than a common rail injectors cost about £350 each!!

PD ones could require a whole new cylinder head.

I'd advise premium fuel even for cars in std tune

the PD ones are swapable but a price for you

part number - 038 130 073 AL
discription - Unit injector
Model - ASZ, ARL (130 and 150bhp varients)
quantity - 4
price - £602.04

prices based on update 648 of ETKA under VW so might have changed slightly

Sometimes use BP ultimate if I can find it, does seem to be slightly more responsive.

I do find that standard shell or bp diesel seems to be better than supermarket diesel, well sainsburys anyway.

Think this was always the case even before my remap.

Trouble is with all these things it's subjective.

Lol, what you need to do is get someone else to fill up the car and not tell you what they've put in.

I think there's a tangible difference in the driving feel. There's been lots of discussion about this all over the 'net.

Some say that it's complete crap but then some drivers wouldn't be able to tell if their car had four flat tyres.

I like to use Shell Ultimate when I can, the rest of the time I use Salisbury's. I can definitely tell a difference, my VW T5 will wheel spin in 2nd gear in the dry with the Shell fuel and not be close to doing the same with the Salisbury's fuel.

Definitely worth buying in my opinion.

I dont really feel any difference between shell ultimate diesel and asda, but then it depends on the bhp doesnt it?

There is no question with my VW T5 that it runs much much better on higher rated diesel, it is more apparent after having in remapped though.