"Default" PSI level for tyres

daaft

Wrench Pro
Car
Pug 306
Is there anywhere that will detail me on the psi level for the air in car tyres as i dont have any info on me that does. I have two Kingstar RADIAL K106's (size: 205/40R17 84W) on the rear and two DiamondBack TR968's (size: 205/40R17 84V) but im not sure of the standard psi level these tyres are meant to be filled to.

Thanks

I would estimate about 30psi rear and 32-34 front with that size/profile tyres. If it's diesel the go for the higher front figure.

Ignore the max pressure marked on the sidewall - this is just a max that fitters can use when mounting the tyre on the rim.

You won't come to any great harm if they're slightly over inflated. In general I run 10% over recommended pressure as it reduces casing flex slightly, therefore less heat build up and better tread longevity.

Don't go mad though, otherwise you'll wind up will poor grip and excessive centre wear.

THe manual may not be much help as I don't think that size was ever standard on a 306.

Ok thanks. My brother found a topic over google with recommended psi pressures for 205/40R17 size tyres of 32 - 36 psi. Il give my tyres a check tomorrow and set their pressures properly. Thanks for the help ;)