Decibel app?

If you want one, I'm sure a search on the Play store (or whatever Apple uses) will find several.

But please note most phones wont measure above ~90 dB simply due to the way phone mics work. They are geared for normal voice conversation so simply don't need to register anything too loud. So if you are looking for something to measure sound levels from an exhaust, for example, there aren't any. At least none that anyone who needs to trust one trusts (like track officials, or the police, for example).

If you want to measure your sound levels I would suggest getting something akin to this (<-- That's a link).

Last edited:
I use "sound analyzer" app by Dominique Rodrigues, which is quite good and effective once it's been calibrated, but as @Lunchmoney says, there are limits to what a mobile phone microphone can pick up.

I use it for calibration of Audio Video & conferencing systems in classrooms and hall environments.

If you want one, I'm sure a search on the Play store (or whatever Apple uses) will find several.

But please note most phones wont measure above ~90 dB simply due to the way phone mics work. They are geared for normal voice conversation so simply don't need to register anything too loud. So if you are looking for something to measure sound levels from an exhaust, for example, there aren't any. At least none that anyone who needs to trust one trusts (like track officials, or the police, for example).

If you want to measure your sound levels I would suggest getting something akin to this (<-- That's a link).
This is really helpful. Thx

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back