DECAT

pgarner

TC ModFather
Car
Octy smoke machine
ive been offered a large downpipe and decat 3" from a mate who used to have an octiava vrs been told it will fit the bora ( if it dont he will take it back)

now i know its illegal to have it fitted on the road but what kind of gain could i expect from it?

used to have 1 on the civic and refit the cat for mot but it only seem to increase throttle responce.
dont know if i could be bothered with the hassle of refittin it

I wouldn't bother. In a recent test on a Audi the power gain was only a few bhp which can be the difference between runs on a dyno anyway. A sports cat will do the same thing and keep the car legal. So if you need to replace the cat get a sports one otherwise I'd leave it alone.

aye a thought about the hassle of swapping them them having to swap them back for the MOT the only really diffence was the price £60 for the decat and £315 for the sports cat

will the sports cat be enough for to pass the mot

Yup - the sport cat on my Rover was more efficient than the standard one although I suppose Im comparing old with new.

might have to look into it the mid section has alot rust on it as it is so going to change it within the next few months

having a look for the bora proving to be a problem milltek seems to be the only ones that do A proper system. other than that powerflow is the only custom makers close to home but they want more than what the milltek system will cost me inc delivery

cheers for telling me about the spell checker on the Google toolbar
i had it installed a while ago during vaio update but a just switched it off

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back