Debadging

Rudders666

Torque Master
Car
Ford Focus ST300+
Hi Guys n Gals,

Does anyone have an easy way to remove car badges? I need to remove the 323i from the back of my BM as it's no longer a 323i.

Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated. I'm sure there must be an easy way but I don't just want to wang a screwdriver behind it and pop it off in case it leaves holes or a big mark that needs buffing out.

Cheers,

Pete :blink:

depends if the badges are stuck on or riveted on.

if they are stuck on - hot water (not quite boiling ) and dental floss, strong thread of something to cut through the glue - this will also show if its riveted.

if its rivited on youll need to use some filler and paint to cover it up

Well it seems fairly stiff when i've had a little tug at it (glad this doesn't sound dodgy in the slightest, lol) so it may be riveted on. Yet more expense I should imagine :blink:

no mines felt stiff as well just the glue pads that were behind them. try pouring hotwater over then and nip them with a pair of long nose pliers see if you can get a corner up see if theres a pad or rivet underneath

Try and get a long flat blade in there and saw through the pad. If it is a rivit you will soon know about it.

I'd like to have a long flat blade and thin-nosed pliers etc but i've only just moved house and these items are not yet to hand, lol. I'm thinking a trip round to the neighbours may be in order. I'll let you know how it goes. If I can be arsed to do it tonight.

"When in doubt, grab a hammer!" No seriously don't do that. I'd say ask the manufacturer how badges were attached to the car you have, then go from there.

the best way to remove badges is with nylon fishing line get a piece about 12" long and using it in a sawing motion it will cut its way through the tape and will not scratch or damage the paintwork DO NOT USE SCRAPERS SCREWDRIVERS the will damage your car

I'm pretty sure it'll just be stuck on. You could very careful poke a knife behind (being very careful not to touch the paint) and you will soon know, that or just give it a pull and see if it comes off.

I have always de-badged by just pulling it off, rubbing off the glue with my finger and then applying a little bit of t-cut followed a little bit of wax/polish.

The 323 badge is glued on i'm almost sure of it. Leave it in the sunshine for a while. It will come off with ease after a bit. Then as Prince said rub your finger along to get the rest off the glue off then a quick T-cut and you should be fine.

Hi guys. Thanks for all your continued help with this but I actually got rid of the Beemer about 6 months ago now. lol. Thanks though guys, much appreciated.

Maybe make a Sticky on Debadging?

it is becoming quite common, and it's quick and easy to do lol might save on alot of questions later on :p