Death and taxes

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Both are inevitable but the motorist seems to pay more taxes than most!

If you cut the fuel tax completely where or how would you make up the lost revenue? Do you think this would work? Would cheaper fuel help the economy?

Need to support the people in need buddy!

Yes, but not pay for their Sky subscription, fag and beer consumption and 10 kids.

New Zealand has the best idea, IMO. They pay just enough to keep a roof over your head and food on the table. Anything else you have to work out for yourself. A much bigger incentive to turn the TV off and get off your fast arse and go looking for work.

Im with og. If youve worked hard but fall on bad times then you should be helped. If youre on the dole but still churning out kids that you cant support why should i pay for them?

I don't mind supporting those in need. What I do mind is supporting the lazy who have chosen that as a lifestyle choice.
How is that even available as a choice? Because it is easy and pays better than all low paid jobs.
I think benefits should be similar to pensions where you can only draw on them when you have paid in. If you have never paid in because you can't be arsed then expect the bare minimum. I wonder how many would choose that lifestyle then?

Yes, but not pay for their Sky subscription, fag and beer consumption and 10 kids.

New Zealand has the best idea, IMO. They pay just enough to keep a roof over your head and food on the table. Anything else you have to work out for yourself. A much bigger incentive to turn the TV off and get off your fast arse and go looking for work.

Very well said!!

I don't mind supporting those in need. What I do mind is supporting the lazy who have chosen that as a lifestyle choice.
How is that even available as a choice? Because it is easy and pays better than all low paid jobs.
I think benefits should be similar to pensions where you can only draw on them when you have paid in. If you have never paid in because you can't be arsed then expect the bare minimum. I wonder how many would choose that lifestyle then?

All dole dossers would choose this lifestyle cause out of there dole money comes a NI contribution which contributes to there dole and state pension.
So unless this changes we will have dole dossers for life! Sad but true:-(

All dole dossers would choose this lifestyle cause out of there dole money comes a NI contribution which contributes to there dole and state pension.
So unless this changes we will have dole dossers for life! Sad but true:-(

I hear what you are saying. I would just like it to be made so that there is nothing appealing about being on benefits. Only way to do that is to cut the amounts they give them and not give them straight up money. All that is needed is a house and food. If you give them money it gets spent on satellite tv, cigarettes and booze. The only reason they keep having kids is to receive more money for themselves whilst the kids suffer. The kids then grow up with the same mentality and multiply some more. Sad but true

there is nothing appealing about being on the dole! 9 out of 10 dole dossers would come of it if they could earn more than there handouts! But sadly with minimum wage they can't do this! So they are stuck!
Sad but true

Id like child benefit turned into food and clothing vouchers. So they cant be spent on 20 B&H and a four pack of stella

Which is exactly what I mean about it being too good for them.
If you want luxuries you have to work for them in my opinion. It really does take the mick when there are people who work their socks off to be worse off than people doing nothing knowing their taxes are paying for these peoples luxuries.

The different is the Want to work and Can't work for whatever legitimate reason. I would pitch benefit this way...

Don't WANT to work = don't support them at all!
CAN'T work = essential support only given with help to get them back into work ASAP!

IMO All the disabled should get extra benefits even if they can work as life is much harder for them and if they can get a job then it is likely to be of the low pay variety anyway.

The different is the Want to work and Can't work for whatever legitimate reason. I would pitch benefit this way...

CAN'T work = essential support only given with help to get them back into work ASAP!

IMO All the disabled should get extra benefits even if they can work as life is much harder for them and if they can get a job then it is likely to be of the low pay variety anyway.

Agree with that.
A lot of people fraudulently claiming disability allowance too though which is bang out of order.
The whole benefits systems needs a good shake up as it's got well out of control.

Watch a BBC programme called Saints and Scroungers in the mornings some times. Brings it all home to you when you see people claiming for disability allowances then are filmed playing football or golf or in one instance the chap was reroofing a house :amazed:

Watch a BBC programme called Saints and Scroungers in the mornings some times. Brings it all home to you when you see people claiming for disability allowances then are filmed playing football or golf or in one instance the chap was reroofing a house :amazed:

They should be forced to pay it back through unpaid community service. A better punishment than jailing them as working is something they clearly avoid.

Recently we had a chap on tellywho had been on welfare 16 years and when asked why he hadn't worked all that time even packing shelves at a supermarket replied that he"didn't want just any job" and had a 19 year old son who had never had a job as well.The apple doesn't fall far from the tree GRRRR makes my blood boil !!!

I started work a month after I finished school in a grocers shop then as a floor boy in a furniture factory before getting a carpenter & joiners apprenticeship.

Methinks it's time for some tough love for lazy layabouts who think the world owes them a living.!!!!!

Recently we had a chap on tellywho had been on welfare 16 years and when asked why he hadn't worked all that time even packing shelves at a supermarket replied that he"didn't want just any job" and had a 19 year old son who had never had a job as well.The apple doesn't fall far from the tree GRRRR makes my blood boil !!!

I started work a month after I finished school in a grocers shop then as a floor boy in a furniture factory before getting a carpenter & joiners apprenticeship.

Methinks it's time for some tough love for lazy layabouts who think the world owes them a living.!!!!!

Its not just this country that rewards the idle then:(

Its not just this country that rewards the idle then:(

Unfortunately not :mad: and they seem to think it's ok to breed and add more mouths to feed and suck more $$from the welfare system.No wonder their offspring often end up the same way.

Seem to remember Alf Garnet had a layabout son in law :) loved the series and got plenty of :lol:

Seem to remember Alf Garnet had a layabout son in law :) loved the series and got plenty of :lol:

Yes indeed, Till Death Us Do Part and In Sickness and in Health, I have some on DVD and I am working towards getting the entire collection - marvellous stuff :lol:

this will never happen childrens welfare is to important

Also won't work the same as above

I've known you for a while now Waynne (And I know you don't mean it the way this sounds hopefully?) which is why I won't go to town on you with this condescending comment! Disabled people wan't equality! And that's what should be happening! By teaching us "normal people" that the disabled are able to do alot more than what us uneducated people realise! More money isn't needed! Educating the employers is;)

Obviously there are exceptions to all the above;)