Dealing with long traffic delays, your tips please

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Some friends of mine were stuck in a Traffic Jam for 5 hours due to adverse weather last year in some areas of the UK.

What survival tips would you pass on to someone who was stuck in traffic for a long period of time? What if you needed the loo? What about being desperately hungry or thirst? Have you ever been stuck in traffic for a LONG time?

Do you have a survival kit in your car ready for the worst case scenario?

Been stuck in a few traffic jams for longer than I care to remember. In the winter time - feels like this to me already :rolleyes: I have a small survival kit which is actually in a bright red rucksack in the boot. It contains the following - a few packet of biscuits, chocolate bars, one packet of Pringles, packets of sweets, mineral water, a wind up LED torch, first aid kit, 4 emergency foil blankets, one toilet roll, small battery powered radio, one pair of leather gloves & one woolly hat.

The boot also contains a brand new set of monster battery jump leads and one small folding snow shovel. Currently still in two minds whether I should buy a tow rope or not ?-/

This is perfectly sufficient for my needs but my real fear is having her indoors ever stuck in the car with me :(

best way to deal with it is to avoid it lol. if not possible KEEP CALM !! lol. that's the only advice I can give. longest jam for me was 5.5 hours on the M25 when I was about 14 with my parents.