Daves Cooper S

Fitted my FMIC today! What a pain in the backside. Never mind, all done now. Taking it to the North Weald 'Test n Tune' show tomorrow and will hopefully get a spot of drag racing!

Old vs New

Also, got a new snow foam gun the other day awesome thing! Even the other half loved using it!

Blimey! :eek:

So Dave, you have bought all the new bling, new FMIC and snow foam gun for you're baby and you still have your girlfriend? You have done well young man, what has it cost you in the long run? A new handbag, a pair of Jimmy Choo shoes, a new dress with colour coordinated matching accessories? :lol:

Blimey! :eek:

So Dave, you have bought all the new bling, new FMIC and snow foam gun for you're baby and you still have your girlfriend? You have done well young man, what has it cost you in the long run? A new handbag, a pair of Jimmy Choo shoes, a new dress with colour coordinated matching accessories? :lol:

Is that your technique ;) :rofl:

IF you use a decent fuel additive regularly you will not have that kind of carbon build up again.
FWIW I use PRO MA petrol additive that has been tested by engineers at a Qld university with the results documented.

Yes http://www.pro-masystems.co.uk/

http://www.fueloiltreatments.com.au/video_evidence.html

the video evidence is interesting as while the oil test may be not in the exact mix ratio as it would be in an engine there can be no doubt about the grease test.

I have personally seen this test carried out for me only by the guy I buy from and have seen him wipe the bearing and wheel clean with a rag and then repeat the test with the same result so it shows the anti friction is still there despite trying to wipe it away .

When comparing it against other oils/greases he actually cleans the wheel with emery paper while it is spinning to remove any residue from whatever oil/grease being tested and rotates the bearing as well so the wear scars can be compared.

With the grease test he applies a liberal amount of whatever grease you want tested and then applies a miniscule amount app a bit more than a match head of MBL grease on a match and repeats the test.

Last edited:
Only issue I see is that these engines are Direct Injection, so unless pumped directly into the Vacuum feed, fuel additives are useless.

Check this out.

Pour in most of the bottle, let sit for half hour, then turn it on and hold the revs

My original post wasn't working...

Lets try again

985C7F51-4DD2-4693-9E81-98D64D054140_zpsuuq0mzdu.jpg

Removal of the old crap

7067B0C5-D857-441F-A0DD-DDBC01215560_zpsxi4cpmd5.jpg

Various bits of piping

7C5BD73F-2AE4-4FAB-954F-E75C0E32D32C_zpsffjrmket.jpg

Fitted!

D81F9286-7FB2-43FE-94DC-46EF1CE6BDE9_zpsu0e8iz1n.jpg

Just to quickly bump this...

I was having massive boost leak issues and general problems over the last 2 months and massively fell out of love with the car. Started looking at Subaru's! :lol:

I spent all night this recent Friday finally sorting out the issues and removed the catch can, intake manifold etc etc to work out what the problem was. The culprit was simply the rear PCV hose! DOH!! So simple. So ordered a new hose from Fairfield BMW (Superb Service) same day delivery then fitted it! :)

Second issue which I sorted the weekend before was simply the Coolant temp sensor ECT sensor, replaced this with a new one and instantly ran 100000x better.

Happy days.

Update

So for some reason I have been seeing higher then normal IAT's.

Took stock airbox off and replaced with 76mm air filter and induction pipe to a smooth 76mm reducer to 51mm then to 45mm (Turbo inlet size)

Normal driving conditions with stock air box I was seeing 26-34 degrees intake temp
Driving it harder the temp would rocket to 34-40 degrees!?!?

New induction kit, further away from hot engine, normal driving 17-22 degrees!!
Driving harder saw a max of 32 degrees.

What the hell!?

The App I use is called OBDFusion.

Will see what its like in the summer!

Have you tried this yourself Dave by any chance?

Sorry, sir! Completely missed this.

Yes I have done... Good results, however, my engine was so bad, it would make a noticeable change then a week later be back the same.

Good preventative measure

Hey everyone! Been very, very busy for a while and had so much in my life change since Xmas.

1. Back in November/ December Me and the otherhalf, had been having issues... Decided to pay for a trip to Burne in Switzerland and meet her Dad out there and try and re kindle the relationship. Long story short, she ended up running off with some Swiss bloke at a nightclub who I decided would be a good idea to kick the **** out of and that was the end of our relationship... LOL
2. Moved back in with my mum in the middle of nowhere, miles from friends and stuff and ended up in a lot of trouble financially as I could no longer afford it, driving to train station and spending nearly £600 a month on trains
3. Started getting depressed and spending more to make me feel better
4. Brother got into a lot of trouble with drugs, ended up giving him the rest of my inheritance to pay off debt.

Now, for the good bits :)

Meet a new love of my life, who has has a daughter who just turned 3 and is the best thing in the world
Moved into a flat share with 2 of my best friends
got a pay rise
Mini is still fast as **** and going strong and upgrades are steady.
Bought new wheels which I am refurbing GOLD :)

Just ordered a new clutch, JCW Colder rated 8 spark plugs and new Discs :)

Last edited:
How does the catch can arrangement work? This would seemingly be a point of necessity for any diesel engine.

Right...

Being DI Petrol engine, Mini thought it be a good bloody idea to vent any excess crank case pressure up through the inlet (I think) On top of the engines design, oil and gunk circulates the engine and eventually clogs the back of the Intake valves, causing many issues. Hence the decoke.

The catch can intercepts the crap, before it reaches the intake valves, recirculates it through the can and back out in the original location, free of oily gunk.

So not a lot has happened, then?...............:)

Trying to rekindle relationships is high on impossible, but still worth the effort.

That is brotherly love. Let's hope he doesn't go down the same path. How is he doing?

Great to hear that you have turned a corner and back on track (mixed metaphors, I know :) )

Great to have you back Dave |B
Life can be such a difficult so & so but it sounds like things are on the up for you.
As an aside, the chap at the garage let me have a drive of his 280bhp Mini a JCW which has been professionally remapped and tinkered with still further. By all the Gods, that car is rapid :woot:

Cheers Steve! He is alright, has a baby on the way and due in one month too! Keeping an eye on him and he comes to mums every Sunday to work in the garden and around the house helping her out.

Os, its nice to see everyone is still here! :)

I know mate... These little cars are ballistic once tinkered with! Believe it or not but I had a little play with a Boxster S and kept up with it! hehe

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back