Daves Cooper S

So, MG has gone.

Now for my first Mini mod! So much better then that ridiculous 2ft antenna which comes stock. Makes them look like RC cars!

So my little brother bought me a snow foam starter kit, which was quite good. Had it 2 months I accidentally ran over :( My normal wash procesdure consists of:

Rinse with a pressure washer to loosen dirt
Then either Maxi Suds II snowfoam or Mr. Pink
While the foam is doing its job, I give my wheels a clean with auto glym wheel cleaner
pressure wash the suds and wheel cleaner off
Next up is a bath using Megs microfibre wash mitt and either Mr. Pink or Maxi Suds II
washed off then dried using super plush micro fibre towls.
In this clean session, I polished with super resin polish by Auto Glym then waxed with Megs Ultimate Liquid Wax.

So here is a picture of a recent clean with snow foam

Than a quick beading shot

And a new mod! Won a kit on fleabay for £12.22! Thought why not....

Sounds awesome! :)

Admittadly, money is a little tight at the mo, so any bargain is always welcome. Next up, hopefully a decoke, remap than coilovers! :D

Perfect for sucking in lots of nice hot air :)

Remember the times you used to constantly rewrite my posts? Well.... It just happened to me! Waynne, can you swap the 'Edit' over with the '+Qoute'? :D

Anyway, it sits right on top of the original air feed, and doing the trusty old 'put my hand on it and if it doesn't burn me, its fine' test indictates it remains very cool! Plus I also have an enourmous hood scoop on the front! :)

Another mod!

Those that know, DI engines suffer from Carbon build up. Now one mod for the Cooper S's with the Prince engines is to fit a catch can. Which is what I did...

Used the existing bracket which mounts the bonnet switch!

Hopefully, should catch come oil vapour and prevent some carbon buildup.

Nice Dave |B

I notice that the nearside tube is being crushed by presumably the bonnet once closed. Do you have enough tube left to reroute this slightly away from the top of the induction pipe and put it alongside it instead?

It will be the tubing that came with the catch tankiit comes folded;)

Nice Dave |B

I notice that the nearside tube is being crushed by presumably the bonnet once closed. Do you have enough tube left to reroute this slightly away from the top of the induction pipe and it put it alongside it instead?

Do you have plans to change the pipe work to the tank cause ifiI'm honest it looks a little cheap/tacky.
What diameter is the original pipewor? YYou can get rubber/silicone replacements quite cheap on eBay sold by the length;)

^^ Good idea herb! Dave you could also spend a little more and go down the braided hose route with hose caps like I did once upon a time to the Beast's own oil catch can.

Nice Dave |B

I notice that the nearside tube is being crushed by presumably the bonnet once closed. Do you have enough tube left to reroute this slightly away from the top of the induction pipe and put it alongside it instead?

Herb is correct! Where it had been folded! :(

However, I didnt want to wait til after Xmas to get some new braided hoses ordered.

Do you have plans to change the pipe work to the tank cause ifiI'm honest it looks a little cheap/tacky.
What diameter is the original pipewor? YYou can get rubber/silicone replacements quite cheap on eBay sold by the length;)

On a plus side, once the pipes had heated up a little, they almost popped back into shape. I didnt want to wait til after Christmas to fit my catch can. So these will do for a bit!

^^ Good idea herb! Dave you could also spend a little more and go down the braided hose route with hose caps like I did once upon a time to the Beast's own oil catch can.

Even your old engine bay looked epic! :)

I'll have a look on eBay and get some ordered. Who knows, maybe here tomorrow!

Howdo.

Interested in that catch can - where is it plumbed into exactly? Do you have to empty it every now and then?

Hiya pal,

Sorry I forgot to reply!

Basically, there is a hose that comes out from the crankcase, then into the back of the cam/rocker cover. Where my catch can is installed is between that and stops all the muck getting to it. Yes i have to empty it! Doesn't need it often though.

Anyway,

I placed an order for all this the other day.

My items have arrived and I will be fitting them tonight! I'll take a pic of them fitted

The coilovers are being fitted on the weekend!

Before I got the Genesis Coupe, I was on the way to look at a Mini S I had seen on the internet. The Mini was my first choice, but I got the Gen instead. The reason I wanted the Mini was because at work everyone I meet who has a Mini LOVES them. It's one of those rare cars that people just plain love to own. Another car that's like this is the Prius which is why mt wife drives one!

It looks like you are loving yours too.

So, I got some pictures of the bits fitted. Coilovers are now on. However, the rear is lowered 40mm and the front is 30mm, reason is that my tyres rubbed on the coil tower if they went lower. So I bought some Hubcentric spacers which will be fitted in due course as I was sold bloody Honda ones instead of Mini ones. Honda was M12 and the Mini is M14 sized bolts, so a nice guy at work will bore the spacer bolt holes to the correct M14 bolt size.

Enough talking, here are some pictures. A few weeks ago I also de baffled the exhaust as they are quite good design already and it sounds awesome. Whilst the exhaust was off, I also got a quick video of it with just a cat! ha.

I relocated the catch can yet again, but will be getting a custom made catch can built up with 2 inlets and 2 outlets.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back