Dashboard styling, guages and digital dashboards

thexav

Pro Tuner
Staff member
Car
2002 Clio 172
Never overlook the interior of the car. You will spend much time looking at the dashboard of the car and you certainly don't have to stick with the standard plastic, and dials that come with the car. Often people concentrate on what others see outside the car but this often generates an anticlimax or disappointment when they start looking inside the car.

Continue reading...

I am not a huge fan of TFT panels in place of analogue mechanical instruments. Obviously these are all digitally controlled now, rather than the old fashioned speedometer cables etc. TFT panels are very invasive due to backlighting. I do like Lexus' electroluminescent displays, I used a Peugeot 508 for a week or two back in 2013 and that had lovely easy on the eye electroluminescent instruments.

As for digital RPM and MPH (or km/h) readouts these are useless unless accompanied by something analogue as well.

The problem with electroluminescent display lighting is that the panels fade over time. LEDs are a better option.

Speaking of dials and dash boards how easy is it to change the color of the lights in a standard set and who can do this for 2013 corsa

Never overlook the interior of the car. You will spend much time looking at the dashboard of the car and you certainly don't have to stick with the standard plastic, and dials that come with the car. Often people concentrate on what others see outside the car but this often generates an anticlimax or disappointment when they start looking inside the car.

Continue reading...
Definitely would like to get a new dashboard but cannot find anyone who can do it. Where can I look ?