danking b4

hi im new to this site i have a legay b4 any body got any info about remapping and if its worth getting an apexi ecu its a jap import and in dublin we use 95 oct and as u know in japan it eas fed 100,i have info about the exhaust and how i modified it and eliminated the turbo lag from 3300-4500 as the change to the secong turbo kiks in

Tell us about your exhaust mod, it sounds interesting.

Remapping is very worth it on any turbo engine. The Apexi seems to work well although I think you can get the standard ECU remapped which may be cheaper.

yes but easier said than done i live in dublin so nobody in the republic will remap it ive rang everywhere,i may have to get the apexi best way,

the exhaust on the legacy was the easiest exhaust ive ever worked.at the front underneath of the car wher the exhaust goes from two into 1 its just a straight pipe running under the prop shaft to the back of the car then is simply one 90degree bend to the left to follow the exhaust tunnel and then slightly twisted to the right to connect to the back box,subarus origional one was bent in a pipe bender as i cud see but i havnt got one of these at home so i simply bought two 90degree bends in stainless 3inch to make up.

i cut the origional flanges of and welded them n at the same tilts going by the origional exhaust lined up underneath the new one,pipe into the back box was rotten at the flange and was blowing so i replaced it with three inch cut,the flanges are only bored out to 60mm so i sanded them out using an air file to match better with the 3"pipe,

all the welding on this exhaust was done using the (purge)technique,this is what i went to college for so im good at it,purge is a method use to stop penetration through steel during welding,

gas is ran through the tube at one end using a hose and taped of at the other end poking a small hole throgh it to let a tiny amount of gas leave,the idea is the gas keeps the inside of the cool and clean leaving a nice flat bleed well along the inside which looks as clean as the tig weld on the outside,this is an advantage for high performance cars as they need a smooth flow of exhaust gases and any obstruction of the gas can hinder the performance,thats why i like the legacy exhaust because there is very little bends more of it is straight smoke firing out the exhaust,

FOR A HKS DECAT PIPE THAT IS EXACTLY THE SAME YOUR LOOKING AT ABOUY 600 EURO,450 STERLING,PLUS I WORK IN ENGINEERING AND THE QUALITY STAINLESS STEEL I GET IS PROBABLY HIGHER GRADE THAN THERES.the plan is to do the same for the golf but it has a bendy exhaust tunnel and it will need to be nice and tight as the car is si low so i think that will be more of a challenge but i cant wait,ill try posts up some pics of the leggy one,

ITS LIKE DRIVING A DIFFERENT CAR ,INSTEAD OF ONE TURBO FROM 2000-3500,THEN TURBO LAG FROM 3500-4500 THEN A HUGE SURGE OF POWER IT NOW PULLS THE WHOLE WAY THROGH TONNES OF MIDRANG!GARAUNTEED POWER,CANT WAIT TO DYNO ,I TOLD THIS TO PHIL IN ANOTHER FORUM WHO WANTED TO NOW HOW TO GET MORE THUMP

Last edited:
Even with a new Ecu it will still have to be mapped to your car. Your exhaust sounds very interesting mate i'd like to know the power increase of that mod myself. Got any pics of it?

pics of the car or the exhaust,ill post them all up.

its a 99 legacy b4,280 bhp jdm standard but im loosing power cause it needs to be mapped for 95oct but i have found that maxol are doing this e5 fuel that they claim is 5 percnt bio ethnol brining the oct up to 99(im filling up ther all the time but i really dont believe its 99oct and still that cheap id say its 96,like shell v-power,they say it cleans ur engine,for all we know they put washing up liquid in it! remap is the only way to go il get the apexi power fc.

the car is midnight purple nice and dark ,with light smoked gold subaru 17`s,a jasma bk box which is more like a cannon,limo tints on all the back windows front grill sprayed black so its all balck purple and gold.its nice and subtle as the paint job is flashy enough.

its lowered with pink springs and i got a pink sti badge,and have the "if in doubt,flat out.colin mcrea " stiker in black on the front and back bumpers,ud never notice it thats what makes it good,hope to get strut braces and custom intercooler in the new year nd a dump valve,going to wax it this mornin,its like new only 40000 miles when i bought it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back